Known suspect reportedly rapes teen

0
20

Local woman reports rape

A local woman reported being raped Friday, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

The incident reportedly occurred between 3:30 and 5:30 a.m. in the northeast part of Manhattan, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

The victim is in her late teens and reported no physical injuries, Crosby said.

The victim knows the suspect, but no arrests have been made according to the report. The case is still under investigation, Crosby said.

Pedestrian hit by vehicle

A woman was struck by a car on Monday, according to a report from the RCPD.

Frank Kilbourne Jr., 49, of 1720 Pontyz Ave., was driving westbound on the 2000 block of Fort Riley Blvd. at 40 mph in his 2002 Honda Accord when he struck pedestrian Angela Resster, 44, of 701 Allison Dr., Apt. 2, who was walking in the westbound lane.

The incident occurred around 12:30 a.m., Crosby said.

Resster was transported to Mercy Regional Hospital for a possible injury to the neck and lacerations to the forehead, arms and legs, Crosby said.

No citations were given to the driver and the case is still under investigation, according to the report.

Bobcat and trailer stolen

A theft totaling $16,500 in loss was reported Friday, according to an RCPD report.

Nicholas Sheffield, 21, of 700 Wildcat Creek Road, reported a white Bobcat mini track loader, model MT55, worth $11,000 and an attached 18-foot black trailer with a Kansas tag number 807BXF, worth $5,500 stolen, Crosby said.

The incident reportedly occurred between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Friday, according to the report.

Fight breaks out in the ‘Ville

One man received sustainable injuries after being struck by a beer bottle Friday, according to a report from the RCPD.

The incident occurred around 1:30 a.m., Crosby said.

Anthony Rice, 26, of Clay Center, and Bryant Mellies, 24, of 1403 Leagore Lane, were at Tubby’s Bar, 1127 Moro St., when a fight broke out and an unknown suspect struck the two men with a beer bottle, according to the report.

Rice was transported to Mercy Regional Hospital and treated for cuts on his face, Crosby said.

The suspect is described as a 50-year-old white male with gray hair and a potbelly. The suspect was wearing a red and gray shirt at the time of the incident, Crosby said.

kansas state collegian

International hit