Police Reports 9-7-10


RCPD arrests people, issues citations as part of patrol

The Riley County Police Department stopped 27 drivers Saturday night as part of one of its driving under the influence saturation patrols, according to a news release.

Officers arrested two people and booked them on charges of driving under the influence, according to the release. Police arrested and booked another person on charges of driving under the influence, attempting to flee and elude a police officer, transporting an open container of alcohol and minor in possession of alcohol.

Police issued two people citations for minor in possession of alcohol and transporting an open container of alcohol, according to the release. The RCPD also issued 27 warnings for miscellaneous traffic violations and one citation for other traffic violations.

Four officers worked the patrol, which lasted until early Sunday morning. It was the fourth in a series of five satu- ration patrols, and the Kansas Department of Transportation provided the funding, according to the release.


Man’s bond set at $1K

Police booked a local man on two counts of felony criminal damage to property.

A witness called 911 Friday morning to report that a man was keying vehicles. Police have identified Keith Blasing, 46, of the 400 block of Colorado Street, as a suspect, according to an RCPD report.

Travis Meek, 21, of the 500 block of Sunset Avenue, received $2,000 in damages to his green Ford Mustang, said Lt. Herb Crosby of the RCPD. Mark Cross, of Olathe, Kan., received $2,000 in damages to his white Suzuki SX4, Crosby said.

The keying happened in the 1100 block of Thurston Street at 2:18 a.m. Friday, according to the report.

Blasing, as of Friday morning, was still confined. Police set his bond at $1,000.

No suspect identified in Aggieville window breaking

A suspect has not been identified for the breaking of the front window of Envy, a local clothing store. The window was broken Friday morning, according to police.

The incident happened at 1223 Moro St. on Friday between 12:55 a.m. and 1 a.m., Crosby said.

Police estimated damage at $1,000, according to the report.