Schulz to give State of the University Address

0
10

Just over a month into the semester, President Schulz is scheduled to give the year’s first State of the University Address today.

The address will be held in the K-State Alumni Center ballroom from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.

The speech will be an opportunity for Schulz to discuss the year in review and to talk about ideas for the future of the university.

Jeff Morris, vice president for communications and marketing, said Schulz will be addressing a wide range of topics including where the university is today, highlights of the year so far, enrollment and big opportunities to come.

“It’s very important, especially at least once a year, you should go back and look where you’ve been and where your going,” he said about holding the address. “We really want people to know what the university is doing.”

Morris said the address will be streamed online, where they will also post a slideshow of the speech. The video will be accessible from the K-State homepage.

One large portion of the university address will be the question and answer session.

Morris said they are looking to not only to inform students, faculty and staff, but they also want to get ideas and feedback from people.

“We hope people participate,” he said. “We want them to hear from us and we want to hear from them.”