Police Reports 9-27-10

0
18

EMS transports woman

Emergency Medical Services transported an Ogden woman to Mercy Regional Health Center Thursday, according to a Riley County Police Department report.

That woman, Shannon Moore, 31, drove her 2004 Mercury Sable westbound on Fort Riley Boulevard, and Jacob Purdon, 38, of Ft. Riley, drove his 1999 Dodge Ram eastbound on Fort Riley Boulevard, according to the report.  

Lt. Herb Crosby of RCPD said when Purdon turned left onto Richards Drive, Moore hit him.The accident occurred at 12:40 p.m., and both vehicles were towed, according to the report.

Crosby said Moore was sent to the hospital for leg pain and shortness of breath.

Two cars reported stolen

A couple reported a stolen car, and police found it in flames at around 3 a.m. Friday, according to an RCPD report.

The Grotes live on the 700 block of Laramie Street. They reported their 2001 Pontiac Grand Am, valued at $4,400, stolen, with the windows broken shortly thereafter, Crosby said.

The RCPD has identified a suspect, but has yet to release that person’s name.

Police believe the unnamed suspect used the garage door opener from the Pontiac to steal the Grotes’ 2006 Chevrolet Impala, valued at $11,300, which had keys left in it, according to the report.

The unnamed person is also under suspicion for setting the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am on fire outside the house.

The unnamed person is also suspected of crashing the Chevrolet into another vehicle, then exiting the Chevrolet and damaging seven other people’s vehicles, Crosby said.

Crosby said the suspect was found soon after the incident.

Man’s bond set at $10K

Police arrested a local man, whose bond was set at $10,000.

Anthony Bosch, 21, of the 700 block of Bluemont, was arrested and booked on charges of aggravated burglary, arson, five counts of burglary, three counts of criminal damage to property, leaving the scene of a property damage accident and not reporting a property damage accident, according to another RCPD report.

Crosby said the incidents in question happened between 3 and 3:45 a.m. Friday.

Car windows broken

A Junction City man and a Manhattan woman found the windows broken on their vehicles, according to a police report.

The estimated loss for the 2001 Ford truck of Adam Ward, 21, was $1,000, Crosby said, and the estimated loss for the 1999 Mazda Protege of Ashley Casco, 24, was $1,000.

The incident occurred between 11 and 11:15 p.m. Thursday, according to the report.

Intrust banner stolen

A 30-foot banner from outside Intrust Bank on Anderson Avenue was reported stolen, with the incident in question occurring on Sept. 18, according to an RCPD news release.

The banner, valued at $1,970, features small pictures of the Intrust credit card on it that form the image of the K-State Powercat emblem, according to the release.

The sign was attached to a wall behind the bank, located at 2706 Anderson Avenue.

Anyone with information about the incident can call the Riley County Crime Stoppers 785-539-7777.

Police value loss at $1,180

A local woman had people over to her house and afterwards, she noticed items were missing, according to another RCPD report.

Crosby said Sandi Wingfield, 38, of the 400 block of South Manhattan Avenue, believes her XBox 360, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, iPod Touch, black jeans and money were taken between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

Police valued all the items at $1,180, according to the report.