Purple T-Shirt not only game day option

0
30

We’re more than a third of the way through the fall semester and K-State sports are in full swing; this means K-State attire is bound to be the wardrobe of choice. Fall may be inching its way closer and those K-State T-Shirts will soon be covered by sweaters. But these aren’t the only options when trying to show your school spirit. Stores all over town offer many fashion-forward choices to help you support the team this year.

Walking around campus, it’s hard not to notice all of the classic V-neck tees, so why not take advantage of such a convenient buy? These shirts are comfortable, affordable and available pretty much anywhere. If you want a K-State look to wear to indoor sporting events, the V-neck can provide a world of options.

For something quick and simple to throw on before a game, you can opt for the solid purple tee. You can’t go wrong sporting a V-neck in classic K-State purple, but a neutral tee and accessories can go a long way too. Try throwing on a neutral tee in gray, black or white to start with. You can jazz these up with K-State colored accessories like a scarf or sleeveless knit vest.

Janelle Goehring, senior in apparel marketing and employee at Zotcis Attire in Aggieville, suggests one of their Infinity scarves to drape over a white V-neck tee. She said Zotcis doesn’t offer any K-State merchandise, but said they have plenty of purple to pick from.

When the looming, black cloud came rolling in over Bill Snyder Family Stadium last Saturday, it brought with it a cool down in temperatures, and the arrival of chillier football weather. A V-neck and vest isn’t going to cut it for much longer, and students need options to stay warm at fall games.

To start with, a knit cardigan never goes out of style. It’s been around for decades, and it’s not going anywhere. For a refined look, you can go with a short, tighter fitting cardigan. This works perfectly over any simple tee. If you’re going more for comfort, try a looser fitting wrap cardigan that you can throw over anything. With clothing like a cardigan, I’d suggest any neutral color, that way you can wear it anytime, anywhere.

Envy in Aggieville has a few different options available to students that can be both fashionable and comfy. Lindsey Warta, store manager and recent K-State graduate, said they have a couple of different T-shirts as well as jackets that work perfect for an outdoor football game.

If you’re looking for your everyday, on-the-go K-State gear like graphic T-shirts, sweats, sweatshirts and hats, there’s no better place to stop than Varney’s. The best part is, these clothes are made for game days. You can pick up a K-State T-shirt and windbreaker before you head out to the volleyball game, or you can opt for a thick sweatshirt and some thermal gloves before the football game.

Being a college student, you may not have the means to drop a bunch of cash on K-State gear, but there are several stores in Manhattan that can help.

Located in a college town, Manhattan’s Salvation Army seems to have a never-ending amount of K-State attire. Students are constantly donating their gently-worn clothes there, and it can be the perfect stop if you’re looking to stay in a budget. With a rack of K-State T-shirts, sweaters, sweatpants and hoodies, you’re bound to find something perfect to sport on game day.

GTM Sportswear is another great stopping place for cheap K-State gear. If you don’t find a shirt on their 5 for $20 rack, they have plenty of other styles of clothing to choose from.

Walmart is a good option too. A plain T-shirt and some fabric markers can give you free rein to design your own K-State shirt. Game day is a festive day, so don’t back off of the glitter, crazy fabric and rhinestones.

With all of the different options for game-day sports gear, there’s no reason you can’t show your school spirit at all of the K-State events around town. Whether you’re swimming in cash from your semester loans, or digging for change at the bottom of your wallet, Manhattan has plenty options for you.