Police Reports 10-11-10

0
26

Police Find Man lying in Ditch, passed out

A local man was transported to the hospital Friday morning by Emergency Medical Services, according to a Riley County Police Department report.

Bradley Murray, 25, of the 1800 block of Platt Street, was transported to Mercy Regional Health Center and then transported to Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka, according to the report.

Police found Murray in a ditch near the 1700 block of North Manhattan Avenue. Capt. Kurt Moldrup said Murray was passed out, semi-conscious, appeared to be intoxicated and had a swollen left eye.

Moldrup said Murray refused medical treatment, but because he was not coherent, EMS treated him anyway.

Murray was listed as code red, an unstable condition, as of Friday morning, according to the report. He has serious head injuries, according to the RCPD report. The incident happened at about 1:45 a.m.

There is no indication of robbery; Murray’s wallet was still on him, therefore the public’s help is needed, Moldrup said. Police have no witnesses and the case is under investigation, he said.

Men report attack after Football game

Two Nebraska men reported being attacked near North Manhattan Avenue and Fremont Street at 2:10 a.m. Friday morning, according to a report from the RCPD.

Brandon Rivera, 22, of Gibbon, Neb., walked to his car in City Park where he got into an argument with another individual, who struck Rivera in the head with his fist, Moldrup said.

Moldrup said Jason Drager, 23, of Lincoln, Neb., reported that he was subjected to battery, not aggravated battery like Rivera. Moldrup said battery is unlawful touching in a rude or angry manner, whereas aggravated battery is battery but with an item that can cause physical bodily harm.

Police were called at 2:30 a.m., and Moldrup said the suspect was not in custody.

Police arrest man; bond set at $5,000

Police arrested a man from Junction City on a Riley County warrant, according to an RCPD report.

Fredrick Swinson, 23, was booked Thursday on charges of marijuana sale and two counts of using a phone to sell drugs, Moldrup said. Bond was set at $5,000.

Man reports missing cash, phone Thursday

A local man reported a missing phone and cash, totaling $1,400, according to another RCPD report.

Osman Matuti, 22, of the 2400 block of Hobbes Drive, reported to the RCPD that the theft happened at about 1 p.m. Thursday, according to the report.

Matuti knew the suspect, who Moldrup said was not in police custody.