Police Reports 10-14-10

0
15

K-State student dies

K-State student Bradley Murray was removed from life support at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Topeka’s Stormont-Vail Hospital, according to a news release from the Riley County Police Department.

A military medic found Murray, 25, on the side of the road Friday morning. Capt. Kurt Moldrup of the RCPD said the incident is still classified as an aggravated battery until police receive the results from the autopsy, which was performed Wednesday in Topeka.

Police are still looking for two unknown men who appeared to be assisting Murray when he was found. According to the report, one of the men was wearing a purple shirt and had unkempt, long blond hair, and the other was wearing a plaid shirt. Moldrup said there is no reason to believe the men are suspects, but they are persons of interest because he cannot rule them out until police speak with them. The two men have not come forward.

Police still seek tips in the case, as they have received no information from anyone yet. They are especially interested in speaking with anyone who had contact with Murray after 1:20 a.m. Friday in or around Aggieville, his last known location. Anyone with information is asked to please call the RCPD and ask for detective Scott Hajek at 785-537-2112, ext. 3051, or anonymously call Riley County Crime Stoppers at 785-539-7777.

The medic found Murray alongside the 1700 block of North Manhattan Avenue at about 1:40 a.m., according to a news release. He appeared to have been struck in the left side of the head near his eye, causing severe head trauma, according to the release.

Murray was intoxicated but conscious when the medic found him and notified Emergency Medical Services. He eventually lost consciousness and was taken to Mercy Regional Health Center in Manhattan, then to Stormont-Vail.

Man’s pickup damaged

A local man reported damage to his pickup truck Tuesday, according to a report from the RCPD.

The damage occurred to a 1972 International pickup truck owned by Roger Ceymour, 50, of the 1800 block of Rocksprings Lane, according to the RCPD report.

Capt. Kurt Moldrup of the RCPD said the incident occurred at about 6:40 p.m. in the 600 block of Yuma Street. He said police believe the damage is from a blunt object, most likely a rock.

Police estimated damages at $1,000 and have no suspects, according to the report.