Police Reports 10-21-10

0
25

TWO TAKEN TO MERCY; POLICE CITE DRIVER

Emergency Medical Services transported two Manhattan residents to the hospital after two cars collided near the intersection of Tuttle Creek Boulevard and Ehlers Road, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

Marin Dowlin, 36, of the 1400 block of Beechwood Terrace, pulled out on Tuttle Creek Boulevard in his 2007 Chevrolet Impala, according to the report. The report states Jessica Schelble, 23, of the 1400 block of Walters Drive, was headed southbound in her 2008 Kia Optima on Tuttle Creek Boulevard when Dowlin drove in front of her.

Capt. Kurt Moldrup of the RCPD said the two cars collided, and Dowlin was taken, along with a 2-year-old male passenger, to Mercy Regional Health Center for minor injuries.

The incident occurred at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, and police cited Dowlin for failure to yield at a stop sign, according to the report.

POLICE: GROUP DISTRACTS BEST BUY EMPLOYEE

Best Buy, located at 329 Tuttle Creek Blvd., is missing products from its store, according to an RCPD report.

A total of 14 miscellaneous items and computers were taken from the electronic store between 4 p.m. Monday and 6 p.m. Tuesday, according to the report.

Moldrup said it appears to be an organized group of shoplifters who worked together to distract a sales representative while the others took the items. He said the group has at least three or four people in it.

The products are valued at $7,799.

MAN REPORTS $6K LAWN MOWER STOLEN

A local man is missing his lawn mower, according to another RCPD report.

Steven Short, 54, had an Exmark lawn mower taken from his carport in the 3600 block of Anderson Avenue on Tuesday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., according to the report.

The lawn mower is valued at $6,000.

WOMAN REPORTS STOLEN ELECTRONICS FROM HOME

A local woman is missing electronic devices from her home, according to police.

Keverynne Roy, 24, of the 2100 block of Prairie Field Place, reported a burglary that occurred between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday, according to the RCPD report.

POLICE ARREST MAN, SET BOND AT $3K

Police arrested a local man after his girlfriend called 911 sometime overnight between Monday and Tuesday, according to an RCPD report.

The woman reported to police that her boyfriend Daniel Marschall, 23, of the 1400 block on Humboldt Street, committed criminal damage to property, vehicle burglary and battery, according to the report from the RCPD.

Moldrup said Marschall spit on the woman, took two pairs of sunglasses that were later recovered, damaged the interior instrument panel in her black Volkswagen and carved onto the driver’s door.

Police estimated damages at $540.

Police arrested Marschall and booked him on charges of battery and burglary of a vehicle.

Bond was set at $3,000.