Police Reports 10/26/10

0
17

Battery reported in Aggieville

A local man reported he was attacked coming home from Aggieville at about 1:50 a.m. Sunday, according to the Riley County Police Department.

David Eslinger, 21, of the 600 block of South 17th Street, sustained a broken nose after three men attacked him in the 1200 block of Poyntz Avenue, said Lt. Herb Crosby of the RCPD.

Eslinger did not provoke the battery, according to the report.

Crosby said Eslinger refused Emergency Medical Services’ treatment.

Female minor rear-ended

An Ogden minor reported to police that she was threatened Sunday at about 1 a.m., according to the RCPD.

The 17-year-old was stopped at a red light at the intersection of Third Street and Bluemont Avenue when an man she knew called her, saying if she did not talk to him, he would ram her vehicle, according to the report. She hung up and the individual rear-ended her vehicle, causing $500 in damages, according to the report.

The individual left before the police showed up, Crosby said. The man will face charges of aggravated battery and aggravated endangerment of a child.

Man arrested, hurt

Police arrested a local man Sunday and booked him on a charge of battery.

Matthew Worley, 29, of the 800 block of Ratone Street reportedly battered his significant other, then someone assisting his partner battered Worley, Crosby said. The incident happened Sunday between 1 and 2 p.m., according to the RCPD report.

Worley’s bond was set at $500.

Crosby said police are still investigating the case.

Bond set at $6K

Police arrested a local woman Friday and booked her on a charge of failure to appear, according to a report from RCPD.

Melanie Jo Copeland, 41, of the 1600 block of Leavenworth Street, did not show up to court for her original charges of driving with a suspended license and driving with no seatbelt, so a warrant from the City of Manhattan was sent out, Crosby said.

Bond was set at $6,000.

Tire slashings reported

Sunday morning, 10 people whose vehicles were parked in the 800 block of North Eighth Street found some or all of their tires slit, according to an RCPD report.

The incident happened between 2:40 and 8 a.m. Sunday, Crosby said.

Damages were estimated at $2,250.