Democrats manipulate system, create dependence

0
7

The economic disaster of the decade: a coincidence or planned? While President Obama has paraded around the country babbling about how the entire mess was George W. Bush’s fault, when looking at it, it becomes evident that Democrats in power were to blame.

The manipulation of the Department of Housing and Urban Development spun the banking industry into a crisis. By allowing people who could not afford homes to buy them, banks lost money and people lost homes. It is known as the subprime mortgage crisis, to be specific. And it all dominoed from there.

Now, there were many Republicans who noticed this during the Bush era. However, as they brought it up to Congress, Democrats refused to accept that something was wrong. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., repeatedly denied there was ever a problem. When the Bush administration looked to create an agency to oversee Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, government-funded mortgage companies, Frank refused to admit there was a problem within the companies. He was quoted in a 2003 New York Times article saying, “These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis.”

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were among the first companies to bust in the economic recession.

Why would Democrats knowingly support legislation that will bankrupt America? As we’ve seen over the past two years under Obama, clearly, the Democrats want more control of the government and the American people. If there’s a crisis, the government will be there for you. And that’s exactly how they want it. They want the government in every aspect of your life so they can dictate it according to their will.

Assuming the health care reform legislation is not repealed by January 2013, the government will begin forcing providers out of business. Not directly, no, because the Democrats are sneakier than that. With imposed stringent regulations, fines and penalties for companies, they will no longer be able to operate at their current budget. So, they will raise their premiums, as they already have started to do. More premiums equates to less money for the American citizen and less money to pump into the economy. It sounds like the perfect makings of another recession.

If the government knows it’s your only option, it has power over you and will abuse that power for its own gains. Democrats created the recession. Perhaps it was not by accident. Perhaps they were all high while writing the bills and using alphabet soup to write their press speeches. Maybe they were all as unintelligent as they sounded. What is more likely, however, is that they were highly intelligent and outsmarted both Republicans and taxpaying citizens. They wanted control, and they knew how to get it. Now the government has taken over auto companies, banks and, soon, the health care industry.

Republicans might be the last hope for liberty and freedom in America, and I say that as a Libertarian who is fed up with both major parties. Think about all the tyrannical movements against democracy in the past two years that Democrats have made. Could it be that they don’t have our best interests in mind and are just lustful for power?