Team falls to Baylor in 4 sets

0
9

The K-State volleyball team made it difficult, but Baylor triumphed 25-17, 25-23, 21-25, 25-23 Saturday. With the loss at Ahearn Field House, the Wildcats fell to 10-17 on the season and 4-12 in the Big 12 Conference.

Head coach Suzie Fritz said the team had the chance to win but could not take advantage of it because of errors and not having everyone on the same page.

“I think we let one get away,” Fritz said in a press release. “We made too many attack errors late in games and service errors at inopportune times. One of the positives I take away from this match is that our outside hitters hit over .200.

“I also think this was Caitlyn Donahue’s best match of the season in terms of her left-side location. We just have to get everybody to show up on the same night at the same place and perform well.”

Senior JuliAnne Chisholm and freshman Dakota Kaufman were the outside hitters Fritz referenced. The cousins each had 11 kills, hitting .225 and .305, respectively.

Getting down early proved to be too much for the Wildcats, who won a close third match only to gain a 14-10 lead in the fourth and see it vanish when the Bears took off on a four-point run on its way to defeating the Wildcats.

“In this conference, nobody is going to give you anything,” Chisholm said. “When you don’t put it all out there in the beginning, you have a big hole to dig yourself out of. And in this conference, everybody’s too good for that.”