Bridal show entertains with fashion show

0
23

The K-State Student Union Ballroom was the perfect venue for an elegant afternoon of wedding excitement on Sunday afternoon. The Manhattan Bridal Show has been putting on impressive expos for over 30 years, and this time around the event went off without a hitch despite the city being coated in a thin layer of ice.

Hundreds of brides and grooms-to-be, supportive friends, moms and a few curious singles crowded to meet eager vendors offering their special occasion products and services.

Brides were given pink stickers and grooms blue stickers throughout the event to represent to professionals that they were in the market for some of the best and brightest wedding professionals.

Doors opened at noon, and free admission provided guests with access to booths featuring caterers flashing their menus and fine silver dining settings as well as travel agencies ready to help choose the perfect honeymoon destination.

Attendees included both newly engaged couples and those looking to make the final touches on their careful plans.

“My fiance and I are a little behind on our wedding plans, and we heard about this event online,” said Gabrielle Minnete, Junction City resident. “We thought it would be an easy way to get us both excited about finalizing our plans once and for all.”

Dillons displayed several classic white wedding cakes, with three frosted tiers and cascading pearl strands, as well as a few more modern cakes with trendy square shapes and anything but white accents. Also offered were samplings of their popular lemon and strawberry flavors. Guests also enjoyed viewing bouquets created by Steve’s Floral, bursting with bright stargazers and muted shades of tulips, each bundled with satin ribbon. Participants could take advantage of ring sizings provided by Premier Designs Jewelry, as well as obtain useful information while entering plenty of free giveaways.

The main event featured a fashion show. Brides took note as each gown, bridesmaid dress and tuxedo were described in detail by K-State football’s own announcer Dave Lewis. Models of all sizes and skin tones donned designs by Mori Lee, Maggie Sottero and Allure.

Couples marveled at gowns accentuated by A-line skirts, trains, sweetheart necklines, and shimmering bead and lace accents. The grooms-to-be, escorting the women, represented designers like Ralph Lauren, with styles that included the classic and clean jet-black double button coats with rich hued ties. A few more daring looks introduced chocolate brown, caramel and coal grey jackets, complete with a scattering of less traditional striped and argyle ties. Applause rang out as models turned to reveal subtle asymmetrical pleats or confidently pointed out hidden pockets tucked neatly inside jackets.

“I was so impressed by the variety in the show, every thing looked so elegant but wearable,” said Manhattan resident Susan Rogers.

Not only did guests leave with plenty of inspiration for their own ceremonies but those who registered had a chance to win prizes totaling over $4,000. Lucky winners took home treats such as limo services from Top Hat Transportation, gift certificates from Mr. P’s Party Outlet and chiropractic sessions courtesy of Paquette Chiropractic, with the final drawing being a $1,000 grand prize.