Job search event postponed

0
13

The Cool Treats Hot Jobs program originally scheduled for Tuesday will take place Thursday.

Ruth Ann Huning, graduate research assistant for Career and Employment Services, said the event was designed to help students still looking for summer employment.

“It’s kind of our end of the year thing we do,” Huning said. “Our main purpose is to help students find that last minute summer internship, part-time job or full-time job, and they can meet with their advisor.”

Tuesday’s cloudy skies did not bode well for the turnout, so the Career and Employment Services tried to notify the student body that the event was being moved to Thursday from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.

“We decided with the weather in the colder temperatures it wouldn’t have the same impact, and students wouldn’t want ice cream, so we postponed it to Thursday when students want ice cream since it is supposed to be warmer and we can help them with a job search,” Huning said.

Chris Connell, senior in agriculture business, showed up in front of Holtz Hall where the event was scheduled to take place, but was disappointed when he was not able to explore some different career fields.

“I want to leave my options open,” Connell said. “There could be a possible career I want to pursue.”