Cats look to get win in second showdown

0
38

Still looking for that marquee win in conference play, the Wildcats get an opportunity to avenge an early season loss to the Texas A&M Aggies. The two teams squared off in College Station, Texas on Oct. 1, with the Aggies winning the match in straight sets. On that night, the Aggies were led by Kelsey Black, who had a double-double with 16 kills and 10 digs. The Aggies (18-5, 7-3) enter this match on Saturday as winners of six of their last eight matches, and in sole custody of third place in the Big 12 Conference.

Against the Texas Tech Red Raiders on Wednesday night, the Aggies were able to win the match in straight sets as they swept the season series from their in-state rival. Again, Black led the Aggies with 9 kills, but did not hit the ball as well she had in the season, as her attacking percentage was way below her season average.

K-State (16-8, 5-5) went down to Waco, Texas last Saturday to take on the Baylor Bears. The Wildcats were not able to complete the comeback as they forced a fifth set after losing the first two.

The Wildcats were led by sophomore Kaitlynn Pelger, who posted her 11th double-double on the season with 20 kills and 14 digs on the season.

Caitlyn Donahue also had a good game coming off her triple double against the Missouri Tigers as she posted 51 assists and 16 kills.

The Wildcats will look to get back on the winning track as they host the Aggies on Saturday.

K-State is currently in fifth place in the Big 12, two games behind Texas A&M. The Wildcats are on the edge of NCAA tournament contention, and a win against the Aggies would go a long way in cementing their tournament resume.

First serve is scheduled for 3 p.m at Ahearn Field House.