By the numbers

0
18

5

the number of points scored by Texas in the loss to Missouri

The Texas offense, after averaging 47.5 points in their previous two games, was unable to get anything going against the Missouri defense last Saturday. To make matters worse was the fact that they lost senior running back Foswhitt Whittaker to an injury. With freshmen running backs Malcolm Brown and Joe Bergeron also injured, the Longhorns may have to count on quarterback David Ash and the passing game to defeat the Wildcats.

7

the number of interceptions on the season by Nigel Malone

An unknown at the beginning of the year, Malone has turned into a star on the defense. All of the experts knew how good David Garrett was going to be, but Malone has complemented Garrett very well and has taken the opportunity to play on the other side of Garrett. His interception against Texas A&M last week was a game-changer as the Aggies were up 14-0 and driving to take a three touchdown lead.

24

the number of rushing touchdowns for quarterback Collin Klein

Klein is only three rushing touchdowns away from setting the all-time single season rushing touchdowns by a quarterback. Former Navy quarterback Ricky Dobbs holds the record with 27. Klein last week had five rushing touchdowns in the overtime victory against the Texas A&M Aggies. Klein will be going up against one of the best rush defenses in the country in Texas. However, last year Klein rushed for 127 yards and two touchdowns in the victory.

160

the number of points the Wildcats have given up in the past three weeks

After giving up 50 points in the quadruple overtime thriller, the Wildcats have given up at least 50 points in three consecutive games. That cannot happen again as the Wildcats will be facing an offense that has lost its identity due to injuries. If the Wildcats can get back to playing the kind of defense they were early in the season, than they should be in great position to get the victory.

218

rushing yards by Cyrus Gray last week against the Wildcats

Gray, getting all of the carries due to the injury of Christine Michael, filled in nicely as he gashed the Wildcats constantly. His 63-yard rush in the fourth quarter, helped set up the Aggies with a 10 point victory with six minutes left.

Texas, if their running backs are healthy, will look to try and run the ball.

281

the new career high passing yards for Collin Klein

Last week, with the Wildcats down 10 with six minutes left, Klein hit Chris Harper in stride for a 53-yard touchdown to cut the lead to three points. As the season has progressed, Klein has shown that he is becoming more and more capable of being a successful passer. Against the Longhorns, he may be forced to throw the ball more as the the Longhorns have a good rushing defense.