Cats seek a win over over Texas Tech

0
34

Coming off back to back losses to the top two teams in the Big 12, the Wildcat volleyball team will look to get back on track as they play host to the Texas Tech Red Raiders.

K-State (18-10,7-7) went to Lubbock, Texas on Oct. 8 and defeated the Red Raiders (14-15, 1-12) in three sets. After that game, Texas Tech coach talked about what he thought of the Wildcats.

“We played a really good Kansas State team,” Texas Tech head coach Don Flora said. “It’s one of those days where you think you need one or two pieces to get over the hump, and we just made some costly errors at critical times. Kansas State is a really good squad, so you’ve got to play clean in order to win.”

In that match, sophomore Kaitlynn Pelger led the team with 13 kills. Another key player was junior, Alex Muff, who had eight kills with a hitting percentage of .538.

In their last match, K-State was unable to defeat Iowa State as they lost in three sets. After battling the Cyclones nearly point-for-point in the first two sets, the Wildcats were not able to keep up and lost the third set by double digits.

The Red Raiders are coming off a match in which they lost to the San Jose Spartans in five sets.

In that set, the Red Raiders were led by senior Amanda Dowdy, who had a team high 19 kills. She also had 14 digs, which was good for her 21st double double of the season.

The Wildcats will look to get back on the winning track as they host the Red Raiders. The game has been moved to 3 p.m. on Saturday at Ahearn Field House. The timing allows the fans to watch the volleyball game as well as the football game.