K-State by the numbers

0
33

35 Flavors of ice cream offered at Call Hall’s Dairy Bar.

Purple Pride, which tastes like blueberries, is a campus classic, but other flavors are offered daily around campus. The ice cream is also offered at Caribou Coffee in the K-State Student Union, and all three dining halls.

24,378The record number of students who enrolled in fall 2012.

All 50 states and more than 90 countries are represented on campus, and students make up almost half of Manhattan’s 52,000 residents.

0Jersey number of Willie the Wildcat.

Push ups, T-shirt throwing and spelling K-S-U with his body are some of Willie’s favorite activities on campus.

475Number of student organizations on campus.

Any K-State student can join these organizations to gain volunteer experience and meet other students. Additionally, more than 20 club sports compete against other universities at home and away.

150Number of years K-State has been educating students.

K-State, formerly named Kansas State Agricultural College, became the first land grant college in 1863.

24,379Estimated number of squirrels on campus.

Three types of squirrels, fox, gray and southern flying squirrels, are native to this area of Kansas and often provide entertainment for students walking to class.

1Number of “spork” statues on campus.

Located in front of King Hall, the statue raises many questions as to its meaning and purpose, and is often the center of campus pranks.

250 – Undergraduate majors and options offered at K-State.

Students can study anything from accounting to women’s studies. The Salina campus focuses on aviation, and the Olathe campus focuses on bioscience. After graduation, students can continue their studies with over 130 advanced degree or certificate options.