Local crime briefs

0
37

An attempted aggravated robbery occurred near Moore Hall around 8 a.m. on Saturday, according to K-State Police Department. The report states that an unknown male approached and demanded money from the victim, an unnamed student. Although no weapons were involved in the incident, the victim suffered minor injuries as a result of a physical fight with the suspect. The suspect is reported to be a male of unknown race, wearing blue jeans and a T-shirt and approximately six feet tall. When reached for comment, officials had no further information to share. Police ask anyone with information about the crime to contact the campus police department at 785-532-6412 or anonymously at ksu.edu/police/silent.

A Manhattan man was arrested for crime related to identity fraud on Saturday. Walter White, 59, was arrested for computer crime, felony theft, identity theft, forgery, making false writing and criminal use of a financial card. Riley County Police Department reported these offenses took place between Dec. 2012 and June 2013 when White allegedly used another person’s name to open a line of credit.

Unknown suspects damaged multiple cars after midnight on Sunday. Seven Manhattan residents reported to the RCPD that their vehicles had sustained large scratches totaling an estimated $2,100 in damage. Police officials did not release the location of the crimes but encourage anyone with information to contact the Manhattan Riley County Crime Stoppers.