Women’s golf ends two week break, heads to Las Vegas

0
45

K-State
women’s golf will be back in action this weekend after a two week break
following their ninth place finish at the Diane Thomason Invitational in Iowa City, Iowa. The Wildcats will now
be traveling to Las Vegas for the Las Vegas Showdown at the Stallion
Mountain Golf Course.

The tournament is hosted by UNLV, and the course is a
par-72 layout that sprawls 6,230 yards. The tournament will be a three day
event that starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday, with a total of 17 teams
competing.

Senior Gianna Misenhelter and sophomore Scotland Preston will both be looking to improve on their team best 21st place finish in the last tournament, where they shot a 15-over par-231. After their first time seeing themselves atop the Wildcats squad, they will look to keep that pace going.

Junior Carly Ragains, who leads the team in overall lowest strokes and team average, will have to improve from last week to make some noise on the leaderboard. Last week was her first time this season not finishing in the top 20, and after a two week break she will be anxiously ready to get that sour taste out of her mouth.

Freshman Katherine Gravel-Coursol will look to keep improving in her freshman campaign. She had her lowest finish of the season last tournament, but will look to bounce back this tournament. Junior Olivia Eliasson will also be competing in the tournament.

“The more players we get competing for the scoring lineup, the stronger we will be as a team,” head coach Kristi Knight said according to a K-State press release.

Wildcats will be the only Big 12 team representing the tournament. Former Big 12 team Missouri will also be in the tournament. The tournament field will not be unfamiliar opponents. Of the 17 teams in the tournament, they have gone head to head with nine of them.