By the numbers: K-State plays tough in fourth quarter

0
43

6
The number of times the Wildcats have faced off against the Horned Frogs since 1922.
The series is tied at 3-3, with TCU winning three of the last four. The Wildcats are 2-1 in Manhattan against the Horned Frogs, while TCU is 2-1 at home in Ft. Worth, Texas.

1983
The year that TCU head coach Gary Patterson graduated from Kansas State University.
The winningest coach in Texas Christian University’s history, Gary Patterson, will return to his alma mater for the first time as head coach of the Horned Frogs. Patterson is a former safety and linebacker for the Wildcats.

.808
At 21-5, TCU has the nation’s fourth-best road record since 2009.
Over the last couple of years, the Horned Frogs have been deadly away from home. TCU has won 17 of its last 21 conference road games. However, the Horned Frogs haven’t visited Manhattan since the year the Royals won the World Series. This was during a period of time in which K-State nearly always lost. In fact, from 1985 to 1989, the Wildcats only won three games.

10.5
The number of sacks junior DE Ryan Mueller has recorded this season.
Mueller is tied for first in the nation with Louisville’s Marcus Smith. The junior from Leawood, Kan. has 45 tackles, and 15 tackles for loss, currently placing him second in the nation. Oh, and he’s 14th in forced fumbles, with three. Not bad for a walk-on.

56-14
The scoring margin for the Wildcats in the fourth quarter since falling to 2-4 early on.
After leading late in three of the Wildcats’ four losses, head coach Bill Snyder said that the team needed to finish games “better.” Boy, have they.

10
The number of times that K-State sophomore quarterback Daniel Sams has found his way to the end zone on the ground.
The dynamic quarterback has rushed for 675 yards. Sams is the only quarterback on the top-10 chart and is tied for second in rushing touchdowns. Only Baylor’s prolific junior running back Lache Seastrunk has more with 11.