Kansas, Manhattan area briefs for Jan. 29

0
133

Broken pipe in Hale Library
K-State Libraries announced a pipe broke on the second floor of Hale Library, causing some flooding Tuesday. The east end of the second floor was effected and has been closed. It is expected to reopen later Wednesday.

Ag Career Fair today
The Agri-Industry Career Fair is today. Representatives from more than 90 businesses, agencies and organizations will be available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to discuss job and internship opportunities with students. The fair will take place in the K-State Student Union Ballroom.

Allegiant ends service with Manhattan Regional Airport
Allegiant Air LLC has decided to end flights between Manhattan Regional Airport and Mesa, Ariz. as of Feb. 23, according to a press release from the City of Manhattan on Monday. The biweekly flights have served more than 3,000 people since it began in November 2013, but the company decided demand for the service had not met their expectations. All customers with reservations after the last day of service will be contacted by Allegiant for a refund.

Doctoral dissertation
The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of
Stephanie Pearson, titled, “Literacy Education in the Republic of South Sudan.” It will be held Feb. 7 at 10 a.m. in 257 Bluemont Hall.

New City ordinance on parking
The City of Manhattan passed Ordinance No. 7061 on Jan. 21. This new ordinance will allow parking on the west side of the 400 block of South 9th Street. The “No Parking Except Sunday” signs will be removed.