By the Numbers: Kansas

0
46

0 – The number of victories K-State head coach Bruce Weber has against Kansas

This is only Weber’s second year at K-State, but he has already beat everyone in the conference at least once – except probably the most important one to Wildcat fans. This will be his fifth meeting against the Jayhawks as the head coach of the Wildcats.

1 – The amount of games K-State has lost at home this season

Playing in the familiar confines of Bramlage Coliseum has not been a challenge for K-State this season. They have only dropped one game at home on the season, and are still perfect in conference play. No. 8 Kansas will not be the highest ranked team to play in Manhattan this season, but they could be the most dangerous. Monday will present a big test for the Wildcats to see if they can keep their home winning streak alive.

6 – Consecutive games that Kansas has beaten K-State

K-State’s six-game losing streak to their rival is painful for fans. The Wildcats will look to end that streak on Monday, playing on their own floor. The last time Kansas lost in Manhattan was Feb. 14, 2011, when Jacob Pullen scored 38 points.

15.2 – The average margin of defeat for K-State in their losing streak to Kansas

K-State has been close to beating Kansas twice in since 2011, but has gotten blown out in the four other contests. Kansas has shown dominance in the past six games against their rival.

34 – The number of points K-State freshman Marcus Foster scored on Saturday

Another performance like that could lead K-State to a victory against Kansas. Foster was incredibly efficient, shooting 81 percent from the field. The Wildcats will need a big game from Foster on Monday to knock off the Jayhawks.

79.3 – The number of points Kansas averages offensively

Kansas is great at scoring. They rank No. 29 in the country in points per game. This creates an interesting matchup against a K-State team who is No. 21 in the country in points allowed per game.

12,528 – The number of seats in Bramlage Coliseum

Fans from both teams pack K-State’s home venue when the Jayhawks come to town. This year is expected to be no different, as Kansas is highly ranked once again. In K-State’s 2011 upset of Kansas, K-State fans stormed the court after time expired in celebration of the victory over their arch rival.