Local, state crime briefs

0
42

Fort Riley man arrested for felony theft
Riley County Police arrested a Fort Riley man for his alleged involvement in a theft that occurred earlier this month. Quintin Sigers, 23, was arrested early Friday morning near the intersection of 14th St. and Anderson Ave. Police said Sigers was charged with felony theft related to an incident at Hertz Car Rental in Manhattan. The business reported that a 2013 Dodge Avenger was taken in the previous theft. Sigers was detained and placed on a $5,000 bond.

Former KBI deputy director charged with sexual exploitation of child
Police arrested a former Kansas Bureau of Investigation deputy director Thursday, charging him with sexual exploitation of a child and trying to destroy evidence. A Feb. 13 article in The Wichita Eagle reported that prosecutors alleged that Kyle Smith, 57, of Topeka, Kan., possessed a sexually explicit photo of a child last November. Smith is also accused of interfering with law enforcement by attempting to destroy evidence.
Smith, who previously served as the executive director of the National Alliance for Model State Drug Laws, was released Thursday after posting a $15,000 bond.

Wichita man falls, goes to hospital after dance rejection
A 69-year-old Wichita man suffered a collapsed lung and broken rib after trying to get a young woman to dance with him at a Wichita bar early Sunday morning. Wichita Police said the man tried to dance with the young woman at the Driftwood Lounge, only to be pushed backwards by her. According to the police, the man was injured when he fell onto a wooden bench. Authorities are not releasing the name of the victim and are still looking for the suspect, a woman in her 20s.