Local crime briefs

0
56

A report of indecent liberties with a child was reported to the Riley County Police. The described incident occurred 10 years ago. Riley County Police indicated the offense involved a known suspect under the age of 20 at the time of the incident and two then-5-year-old girls. According to a March 3 RCPD press release, information on the investigation is being withheld due to the sensitive nature of the crime.

On Sunday, a Fort Riley man reported damages done to his vehicle while he left it parked and unattended the night before. Tyler Paz, 22, reported a scratch on the driver’s side door. Damage is estimated at $500. Police have made no arrests in this incident and ask anyone with information about it to contact the Manhattan Riley County Crime Stoppers at 785-539-7777.

Fake Patty’s Day Reminders

• Open container laws prohibit of-age participants from carrying an open container of alcohol on public property, including parks, streets, sidewalks and parking lots. A conviction is punishable by almost $300 in fines and court fees, and up to six months in jail. It is also illegal to transport an open container in a vehicle.
  • Pedestrians under the influence of alcohol to a degree which makes them a hazard are not allowed to walk in the street. Convictions are punishable by approximately $600 in fines and court costs and up to a month in jail.
  • It is illegal to allow minors to unlawfully possess or consume alcohol in a home or property. Convictions are punishable by up to $2,500 in fines, $136 in court costs and up to one year in jail.
  • Possessing a fictious or fraudelently altered driver’s license is illegal and punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and up to six months in jail. Using another person’s license is illegal and punishable by a fine of up to $2,500 or up to one year in jail. Lending a driver’s license to a minor to purchase alcohol is illegal and punishable by a fine up to $500 and 100 hours of community service.
  • The following behaviors are illegal and punishable by law and are subject to fines, court costs and jail time:
    – disorderly conduct (fighting)

– public nudity

– resisting arrest
    – littering

– urinating/defecating in public places

– public nuisances

– excessive noise

– parking on a sidewalk, within 3 feet of a driveway entrance or alley way intersection, and in front yards
    – parking on grass in a park; all vehicles are subject to towing if parked illegally