By The Numbers

0
522
Parker Robb | The Collegian Senior guard Will Spradling prevents TCU guard Michael Williams from getting to the basket in the first half of K-State's 65-53 victory over the Horned Frogs Wednesday in Bramlage Coliseum.

1: Seconds left in the game last time the teams met when Baylor senior guard Brady Heslip sunk a 3-pointer to tie the game and send it to overtime. K-State had not trailed the Bears since the 15-minute mark of the first half, and held a 10 point lead with less than nine minutes remaining in the game. But Baylor came back in the final seconds and ended up winning in the second overtime.

46.8: Heslip’s 3-point shooting percentage for this season, which is tops in the Big 12. The senior is often streaky, hitting just one of eight against the Wildcats in the last game between the two teams. However, he was 5 for 8 on Tuesday against Iowa State, so he is coming off a big game.

64.5: Points per game allowed by K-State’s defense this season. In an incredibly competitive Big 12 Conference this year, the Wildcat defense has remained stout in keeping most games to a relatively low score, which helps because their offense is better than only TCU’s this season with 69.1 points per game. However, Baylor’s defense is right behind K-State’s, allowing 67.8 points per game. Do not be surprised if Saturday’s game is a low-scoring affair.

94: Blocks by Bears center Isaiah Austin this season, which leads the Big 12. He blocked nine shots last time he faced K-State, and has the ability to change games on both sides of the floor, averaging 10.7 points per game. The 7-1, 225 pound sophomore has amazing talent but struggles with inconsistency, so the Wildcats may see a dominating post player or he may just blend in to the background and fail to have a big impact. K-State is surely hoping for the latter.

12,100: Average attendance for home games for K-State this season. Head coach Bruce Weber’s team is 15-1 at home this year and hasn’t lost a Big 12 game in Bramlage, thanks in large part to the atmosphere in the Octagon of Doom. Only two other teams draw more fans per game in the Big 12. Although Aggieville may be the mecca for Fake Patty’s Day Saturday, make sure to take a time out from the festivities and go to the game. Don’t forget to trade out your green for purple garb before heading in.