By the Numbers

0
495

1: K-State had the top scoring defense and 3-point defense in the Big 12 during the regular season. The Wildcats may not put up huge numbers on offense, but their defense has been stingy all year, something that head coach Bruce Weber can hang his hat on. As the famous line goes, offense wins games but defense wins championships. The Wildcats are hoping this will prove true.

5: Number of wins away from Bramlage Coliseum this season for K-State. The Wildcats dominated at home this year, but struggled mightily on the road, especially once league play started, winning just two away games againt Big 12 opponents. The Wildcats will need to find a way to get wins away from home in the NCAA Tournament or else they will be watching most of the action from home.

21: Freshman Marcus Foster’s points scored against Iowa State in the Big 12 Tournament. Despite a second round loss, Foster did what he does best in putting the ball through the hoop against the Cyclones on Thursday, and he will need to remain hot in the NCAA Tournament. Some freshman shy away from the spotlight in big games, but Foster shines. Look for him to continue to score buckets in bunches in the tournament.

65.6: K-State’s free throw percentage in the regular season. Watching K-State struggle at the line is nothing new for Wildcat fans, but the team will need to tighten it up at the charity stripe in March Madness. Free throws can make a huge impact in games, especially on the biggest stages. K-State finished last in the Big 12 free throw percentage in the regular season and will need to focus on this aspect of their game when the tournament starts.

1021: Career points by senior guard Will Spradling. K-State is going to need senior leadership in the tournament, and Spradling has been the glue that holds the team together this season. He plays at either guard spot and can defend multiple positions. Spradling will have to step up if this team wants to make any type of run this March.