NCAA preview: Baylor and Kentucky will advance to Elite Eight

1
476

No. 2 Wisconsin vs. No. 6 Baylor
At one point early in the season, the Baylor Bears were a top-10 team in the country. Then they fell off, losing eight of 10 games in the middle of their season. Senior guard Brady Heslip then hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to push the Baylor vs. K-State game into overtime. After that, their season took a 180. Since that 2-8 stretch, the Bears are 12-2, including two really impressive wins so far in the NCAA tournament which includes a total dismantling of the Creighton Blue Jays.

Wisconsin has been the more consistent team this season, playing in a strong Big Ten conference. Baylor just seems to be the hotter team at this point. Baylor’s coach Scott Drew has taken the Bears to the Elite Eight twice in the past five seasons, and with senior Cory Jefferson and sophomore Isaiah Austin anchoring their strong zone defense, the Bears will advance.

Prediction: Baylor 68, Wisconsin 59

No. 4 Louisville vs. No. 8 Kentucky
Both of these teams seem to be under-seeded for the level of basketball they are playing at this point in the season. Not only is this an intriguing matchup from a talent stand point, but the in-state rivalry between the two schools is one of the best in college hoops. When the two played each other early on in the season, the Wildcats walked away with the victory. However, a lot has changed since then.

The Cardinals are the defending national champions and have been in this situation before. However, Kentucky who was the preseason No. 1 team in the country, are finally playing up to all the hype. I like the blue team from the state of Kentucky for this one.

Prediction: Kentucky 77, Louisville 72