College of Education offers activities, bounce house

0
113

Learn more about the programs
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall

Learn about what the College of Education has to offer future and current students. Meet with advisers about program and scholarship opportunities.

Rocket balloons
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Holen Courtyard
Explore physics and join members of the College of Education as they launch screaming rocket balloons, bending and spiraling in the air.

Pollen experiments
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Explore types of pollen under the microscope while discovering the important roles of pollinators in the lives of plants.

Making messes
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Main lobby – Bluemont Hall
Hold a cloud and make dry ice comets at the science exploration station while learning about the opportunities in science education.

Kansas National Education Association
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Fish for facts, discover fun stories and earn prizes with Kansas National Education Association students.

On-the-hour story time
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Listen to “An Alphabet Journey Across Campus” read by a College of Education ambassador at the top of each hour. Answer trivia questions and win prizes.

Tell us your story
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Share your story about a memorable teacher or student and how they have affected your life with the K-State Council for Exceptional Children.

Puppet show
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Watch a puppet show of Dr. Seuss stories performed by Kappa Delta Pi sorority.

Train Ride
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Outside Bluemont Hall
Join education ambassadors for a ride on the Little Apple Train. Learn about the college of education and how you can leave your mark as an education major.

Bounce house
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Holen Courtyard
Stop by the College of Education’s bouncy house.

National Art Education Association
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Step inside a storybook: visitors can get their picture taken, become an illustrator and have fairy tale fun.

Bilingual Education Student Organization
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Join the Bilingual Education Student Organization for face painting and Go Fish and Plinko games.

The business of technology
Become an entrepreneur as you try your hand at business games, challenge a friend to a speed-typing duel and improve your skills through educational games in math, science or language arts.

Wax museum
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bluemont Hall
Dive in head first to a historical wax museum; the figures are rendered motionless until you step on a button. Watch them come to life and speak!