K-State, Manhattan area briefs for March 9

0
115

City announces registration for summer children’s activities, camps
The Manhattan Department of Parks and Recreation has announced a number of activities and camps for area children to participate in this summer. Some of these include Swim America, which teaches children how to swim, and Youth Theater, which includes a production of “Captain Louis, Jr.” for ages 5-11 and the musical “Once Upon a Mattress” for ages 12-18. A full list of available activities can be found on the city’s website.
In addition, Flint Hills Discovery Center has openings for their Adventure Camp for grades K-6. The Sunset Zoo is also offering a number of classes and summer camp activities for children of all ages to learn about animals and participate in crafts, zoo tours, games and more.
Online and walk-in registration begins April 14 at 8 a.m. at the Parks and Recreation office, 1101 Fremont Street.

K-State Olathe to hold information session for prospective students
K-State Olathe has announced they will be holding an information session on the Olathe campus on April 16 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Prospective students can meet members of the faculty and learn more about degree options available at K-State Olathe, the admissions process, scholarships and more. For more information or to RSVP for the event, visit olathe.k-state.edu/academic-initiatives/future-students/information_session.html.

Touchstone Magazine seeks volunteers for archives
Touchstone, the official literary magazine of K-State, is seeking help in creating digital archives of their print editions going back to 1960. Volunteers would be responsible for scanning print copies of the literary magazine held in Hale Library’s Special Collections and would be considered part of the Touchstone staff for the 2014 edition. For more information or to volunteer, contact Editor-in-Chief Corrina Honeycutt at touch@k-state.edu