iSIS shutdown affects students, faculty

0
56

Last week, student and faculty operations online were interrupted as K-State’s iSIS network went down. According to a K-State webpage, the interruption occurred on Tuesday, July 15, at approximately noon when a disk error caused the system to fail.

Data affected information entered between July 10 and July 15, including financial aid and enrollment.

System self-service functions were restored Monday at 12:40 p.m., with the exception of some financial aid information and transactions.

According to the webpage, the Office of Student Financial Assistance will contact affected students with information regarding what they need to do next. K-State students may need accept or decline awards again in their iSIS accounts or reapply for summer graduation due to the system failure. K-State said on the webpage that it expects all functionality and financial aid transactions to be restored by the end of the week.

The K-State IT Help Desk declined to comment, as they are not authorized to speak to publications about technical issues.

K-State referred The Collegian to Kenneth Stafford, vice president of information technology services in the Division of Marketing and Communications. Stafford could not readily be contacted for this story.

Shelton grew up in the desert southwest. A native of Lancaster, California, he mostly grew up in south Phoenix, Arizona; Austin, Texas; and Colorado Springs, Colorado before moving to Kansas and graduating from Junction City High School. He started working as a news writer for the Collegian in 2009 before taking a three-year break from college. He returned to K-State in 2013 and has since worked for the news desk, feature desk, as a copy editor and now as a sports writer. He enjoys tap dancing, writing anything possible, reading court opinions and watching Arizona Coyotes hockey.