Ogden man injured in attempted murder

0
78

Two men were arrested in Ogden Monday for attempted first degree murder, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault, according to a press release by the Riley County Police Department.

Johnny Cossey, 38, and Timothy Holmes, 43, of Ogden were arrested and are being held on $1 million and $500,000 bonds respectively at time of print.

According to the release, the victim and suspects knew each other. The men entered the Ogden residence of Vincent Taylor, 22, and attacked him. Taylor received two puncture wounds, one to the cheek and one to the neck, as well as a wound from a “blunt object.”

Taylor was flown to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery according to the release.

The RCPD does not expect further arrests to be made relating to this incident, the release said.

The name of the hospital Taylor was taken to was not released, and an RCPD spokesperson could not be immediately reached for comment.

Shelton grew up in the desert southwest. A native of Lancaster, California, he mostly grew up in south Phoenix, Arizona; Austin, Texas; and Colorado Springs, Colorado before moving to Kansas and graduating from Junction City High School. He started working as a news writer for the Collegian in 2009 before taking a three-year break from college. He returned to K-State in 2013 and has since worked for the news desk, feature desk, as a copy editor and now as a sports writer. He enjoys tap dancing, writing anything possible, reading court opinions and watching Arizona Coyotes hockey.