By the numbers: K-State vs. Iowa State

0
68
Photo by Parker Robb | The Collegian Senior linebacker Blake Slaughter lunges for running back DeVondrick Nealy during the fourth quarter of the Wildcats' win over the Iowa State Cyclones Saturday afternoon in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. The Wildcats defeated the Cyclones 41-7 in their rivalry known as "Farmageddon."

217: The consecutive number of games K-State has scored in since the 1996-97 season

The 1996-97 season was the Big 12’s start in conference play and the beginning to this impressive streak. Since then, the scoring stretch has stretched across 78 road games and 142 conference games.

36: Points allowed by Iowa State in 2013-14

This was the worst scoring defense in the Big 12, landing them in 10th place. The Cyclones were ninth in the league in offensive scoring last season, averaging only 24.8 points per game. This equaled a scoring deficit for the Cyclones last season, which led to a record of 3-9.

84.5: K-State’s winning percentage when scoring first in a game since 1990

The Wildcats, who are 147-27 overall during the stretch, are coming off a 7-0 record last season when scoring first. This also refers to five of the final seven games.

37:45: Wildcats time of possession against Stephen F. Austin

Last season the Wildcats were the best team in conference in time of possession, averaging 31:43 per game. The Wildcats are known to use this style of play to beat opponents, keeping the ball in their possession, limiting opponents opportunities to score.

97: Straight years of the “Farmageddon” matchup

The matchup between the Cyclones and the Wildcats started on Nov. 10, 1917 and has ran every year since. This series is the second longest continuous series in K-State football, seconded to only Kansas, who have played the Wildcats every season since taking a break in 1910. Since Nebraska and Missouri left the Big 12, this series is now the longest remaining active series in Iowa State history.

16: Number of wins the Wildcats have in Ames, Iowa

The Wildcats have struggled historically to win while traveling in this series, posting a 16-28-3 record. Things have turned around for the Wildcats in recent years, with head coach Bill Snyder tallying a 7-4 in games played at Jack Trice Stadium. K-State will also bring a six-game winning streak into the 2014 matchup. In 2009, the Wildcats only mustered a one-point victory over the Cyclones, 24-23. Last season, the Wildcats rolled over the Cyclones 41-7, their largest victory since the 45-0 trouncing in 2003.

2: Number of FBS programs with a top-10 quarterback in passing efficiency and a top-10 wide receiver in total receiving yards in 2013

When Tyler Lockett and Jake Waters take the field together, the dynamic duo has proven its ability to perform at a high level. K-State and Baylor were the only two programs last season to achieve this stat, as Waters finished the season with passing efficiency at 156.8 and Lockett averaged 105.2 receiving yards each game.

8: Number of touchdowns Tyler Lockett needs to break his father’s career touchdown receptions record

Altogether, the Tulsa, Oklahoma native needs 74 catches, 829 yards and the touchdown total to break the above mentioned record as well as career receptions and career receiving yards. There are at least two, if not three Lockett’s in each of these categories.