Local food inspections

0
56

Bluemont Elementary School
714 Bluemont Ave.
Date of inspection: Sept. 15, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine

3-501.16(A)(2) P In reach-in cooler: shredded cheese 51.3 degrees at 11 a.m., employee stated it was received and put in cooler at 8:30 a.m. Corrected, put in freezer since it had been less than four hours. GoGurt yogurt at 52.6 degrees for undetermined amount of time. Corrected, discarded. Chocolate milk 54.7 degrees for undetermined amount of time. Corrected, discarded.

4-203.11 Pf Integrated thermometer on reach-in cooler reading 55 degrees, internal thermometer reading 40 degrees. Inspector thermometer reading 53.9 degrees ambient.

Manhattan Catholic School Booster Club
220 S. Juliette Ave.
Date of inspection: Sept. 15, 2014
Reason for inspection: Complaint
Results: No follow-up

Educational materials distributed.

Subs-N-Such
1800 Claflin Road #170
Date of inspection: Sept. 15, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine

3-302.11(A)(1)(a) P Raw shell eggs stored over pickles and onions in two-door reach-in cooler. Corrected on site, moved eggs.

3-302.11(A)(1)(b) P Raw shell eggs stored over deli turkey in three door reach-in cooler. Raw shell eggs stored over cooked roast beef in two door reach-in cooler. Corrected on site, moved eggs.

4-601.11(A) One metal pan stored as clean has dried food debris on it. Corrected on site, placed by sink for washing.

4-602.11(E)(4) Soda nozzles have an accumulation of sludge.

3-501.18(A)(1) Open container of salami in make table open date marked Sept. 7 and held less than seven days. Corrected on site, discarded.

3-501.18(A)(2) Open milk in two-door reach-in cooler not date marked. Person in charge stated it was opened Sept. 12. Corrected on site, date marked. In two door reach-in cooler, open container of hot dogs not date marked. Person in charge stated they were opened Sept. 12. Corrected on site, date marked. In two door reach-in cooler, open bag of meatballs not date marked. Person in charge stated they were opened Sept. 15. Corrected on site, date marked. In two door reach-in cooler, open container of deli ham not date marked. Person in charge stated it was prepared Sept. 13. Corrected on site, date marked.

4-202.11(A)(2) Stored as clean on shelf, two clear, plastic pans; two clear, plastic lids; and four white, plastic lids have cracks. Corrected on site, discarded.

Educational materials distributed.

Theodore Roosevelt Elementary
1401 Houston St.
Date of inspection: Sept. 15, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine

4-501.11(B) – CresCor hot holding cart bottom door does not close properly.

Bluemont Hotel
1212 Bluemont Ave.
Date of inspection: Sept. 16, 2014
Reason for inspection: Licensing
Results: No follow-up

Educational materials distributed

Lodging license approved

Frank Bergman Elementary School
3430 Lombard Drive
Date of inspection: Sept. 16, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine

3-501.16(A)(2) In right milk cooler, top front four crates (nearest to door and seal) of milk temping at 43-45 degrees. Corrected, milk discarded and repair person called to check seal and temperature setting.

Manhattan Papa Murphy’s
2745 Claflin Road
Date of inspection: Sept. 16, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine

3-501.18(A)(3) In north prep cooler, containers of sausage date marked Sept. 14-21, eight days. Corrected, dated for seven days.

7-201.11(A) Spray bottle of glass cleaner stored on shelf next to box of packaged seasoning, no evidence of leaking. Corrected, moved chemical.

Educational materials distributed.

Marlatt Elementary
2715 Hobbs Drive
Date of inspection: Sept. 17, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine
Results: No follow-up

7-102.11 One bucket with sanitizer as identified by person in charge not labeled. Corrected, labeled.

Parkwood Inn and Suites
505 S. 17th St.
Date of inspection: Sept. 17, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine

6-301.12 There is no hand washing signage posted at the hand sink located on the buffet line.

3-302.11(A)(1)(b) There was 20-25 cartons of raw shell eggs being stored above several single serve packets of butter and cream cheese located in the reach-in cooler. Corrected on site, educated the employee about using the silo method for storing raw proteins and the employee moved all the eggs to the bottom shelf and placed the single serve packets of butter and cream cheese on the shelf above the eggs.

Educational materials distributed.

VFW Post 1786
3003 Anderson Ave. Suite 961
Date of inspection: Sept. 17, 2014
Reason for inspection: Licensing
Results: No follow-up

6-301.14 Hand sinks do not have hand washing signs. Corrected, provided.

6-202.15(A)(3) Back door seal is partially missing.

5-205.15(B) Urinal in men’s restroom is not working. Toilet is operational for use.

Educational materials distributed.

America’s Best Value Inn
1501 Tuttle Creek Boulevard
Date of inspection: Sept. 18, 2014
Reason for inspection: Follow-up

3-501.16(A)(2) Located on the breakfast bar, milk in a dispenser cold holding at 56.8 degrees and waffle batter 68.8 degrees. Employee stated they were placed on the breakfast bar at 6 a.m. Corrected on site, employee voluntarily discarded the milk and waffle batter.

6-501.114(A) In the kitchen next to the hand sink, there is equipment that is nonfunctional and no longer used several old stoves, dishwasher, tables.

6-501.12(A) In the chemical storage room, there are five old mice droppings on the floor. In the kitchen behind the stove, there is dried food debris and grease accumulation on the floor.

6-202.11(A) No protective shield on the lights above the three compartment sink.

4-27-9(a)(2) In room 100, there is an accumulation of dust and dead bugs on the floor behind the small refrigerator. Corrected on site, floor cleaned.

4-27-9(b) In room 111, there is a large brown stain on the side of the box springs.

Bill Snyder Family Stadium Gomez Concessions
1800 College Ave.
Date of inspection: Sept. 18, 2014
Reason for inspection: Routine
Results: No follow-up

6-301.12 There was no paper towels at the hand sink located at the concession tent #2. Corrected on site, paper towels were placed at the sink.

6-301.14 There was no signage posted at the hand sink located at all five hand washing sinks. Corrected on site, hand washing signage was posted.

8-304.11(A) Current 2014-2015 licensed is not posted for public viewing in any of the five concessions stands.

Educational materials distributed.