By the Numbers: K-State vs. Texas Tech

0
82

14 – Meetings between K-State and Texas Tech

The Wildcats have a losing record against the Red Raiders at 6-8. They have closed the gap in the past three years by winning each of the three contests. Last year, they had a 49-26 victory in Lubbock, Texas, while head coach Bill Snyder has not lost to Texas Tech since 2010.

41 – Percent of the game that Texas Tech controls the ball

These two teams are on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to time of possession. The Red Raiders averages 24:39 with the ball, while K-State averages 31:20 each game. The Wildcats’ time of possession average is the most in the Big 12 and Texas Tech’s is the least.

46 – Penalties Texas Tech has committed in the 2014-15 season

The Red Raiders are not a disciplined team. Their 11.5 penalties per game for 105.5 yards are both tied for most in the nation. K-State averages just 36.8 penalty yards per game, which is the fewest in the Big 12.

135 – All-purpose yard average for Tyler Lockett

Senior wide receiver Tyler Lockett is a versatile weapon for the Wildcats. He is second in the Big 12 in punt return yards, ninth in receiving yards per game and fourth in all-purpose yards. He provides K-State a threat through the air and in the return game.

308 – Yards per game for K-State’s opponents

K-State’s defense allows the third fewest yards per game in the Big 12. The Wildcats are second in the conference in rushing defense, but sixth in pass defense. They give up 23 points per game, while Texas Tech is scoring 33.8 points per game in 2014-15.

339 – Passing yard average for Texas Tech quarterback Davis Webb

The Red Raiders have a potent offensive attack. Webb’s average is second most in the Big 12. He has thrown for 14 touchdowns through his first four games of the season, which is the most in the conference. K-State gives up 217.8 yards per game through the air.

1,042 – Rushing yards Texas Tech has given up through its first four games

The 260.5 yard per game average is fifth most in the nation. Their game against Arkansas earlier in the season was the biggest showcase of the unit’s struggle, as they gave up 438 rushing yards in that week alone. Last week, K-State ran for six touchdowns against UTEP.