Suspects at large after aggravated robbery, kidnapping

0
794

Police are looking for two unidentified suspects in a reported armed robbery that took place around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, according to a press release by the Riley County Police Department.

According to the release, the incident occurred in the 1200 block of Kearney Street. A 25-year-old man was approached by the two male individuals and was ordered to drive them to an ATM, where he was then forced by threat of physical harm to give them money.

Police were alerted to the incident and were able to conduct a traffic stop of the vehicle, at which point the suspects fled on foot. The subjects were wearing Halloween masks and had not been located as of Wednesday evening. Police are investigating the incident as an aggravated kidnapping, aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and criminal threat.

The subjects were thought to be armed and the RCPD discourages the public from trying to apprehend these individuals. Anyone with information should call Riley County Crime Stoppers at 785-539-7777 or RCPD at 785-537-2112.

Police Capt. Don Stubbings, Pubic Information Officer for the K-State Police Department, said KSUPD is not currently involved in the investigation. However, they did issue a off-campus safety advisory on Wednesday which included the same information as the RCPD press release.

“It did happen off campus, but we put the safety advisory out because it affected the Kansas State community,” Stubbings said.

RCPD was unable to comment further.

Shelton Burch
Shelton grew up in the desert southwest. A native of Lancaster, California, he mostly grew up in south Phoenix, Arizona; Austin, Texas; and Colorado Springs, Colorado before moving to Kansas and graduating from Junction City High School. He started working as a news writer for the Collegian in 2009 before taking a three-year break from college. He returned to K-State in 2013 and has since worked for the news desk, feature desk, as a copy editor and now as a sports writer. He enjoys tap dancing, writing anything possible, reading court opinions and watching Arizona Coyotes hockey.