Club sports rundown

0
62

Past weekend:

Women’s Rugby:

– The team defeated Benedictine College 44-7 in Atchison, Kansas. The fall season is now closed. Competition will start again in spring 2015.

Inline Hockey:

– Participated in the Great Plains Collegiate Inline Hockey tournament in St. Louis. They defeated Missouri University of Science and Technology 8-2 and Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville 10-0, while losing to St. Louis 7-4.

Rowing/Crew:

– Traveled to Lawrence to participate in the Jayhawk Jamboree. The Men’s Varsity 4 finished second with a time of 15:08.51. The First Men’s Novice 8 came in third at 15:20.64 and the Second Men’s Novice 8 finished fourth with a time of 15:24.26. The Men’s Double got sixth with a time of 17:31.11.

The Women’s Novice 8 wrapped up the tournament in 10th with a time of 16:42.15.

IHSA Equestrian:

– The team participated in the IHSA Horse Show at Truman State in Kirksville, Missouri last Saturday and Sunday. They earned Reserve High Point Team on both days and freshman Hayley Banister was High Point Rider on the first day.

Men’s Rugby:

– They played the Rugby Hogs at Arkansas on Oct. 18 and lost 29-20.

Upcoming week/weekend:

Women’s Ultimate Frisbee:

– Purple Swirl Fundraiser on Thursday from 6-9 p.m.

Disc Golf:

– They’re hosting a two-person disc golf competition at Memorial Stadium in Manhattan on Friday from 6-8 p.m. It is open to all K-State students and there will be a men’s and women’s division. The best scoring teams will earn prizes.

Badminton:

– Competing in the Omaha Open Ray Scott Memorial in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday.

Paintball:

– The team heads to Wichita to compete in the Ghosts of Normandy Competition on Friday at 10 a.m.

Men’s Rugby:

– The team will compete in Lawrence against the Kansas Jayhawks Rugby Football Club on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.