By the Numbers: K-State vs. Oklahoma State

Texas running back Johnathan Gray tries to leap over the K-State defense on third down in the second half on Saturday, October 25, 2014 at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Gray was short and fell short again on the fourth down try as K-State defeated Texas 23-0.

0 – Interceptions thrown by senior Jake Waters in conference games

While Waters has thrown three interceptions this season, none of them have been in games against other Big 12 teams. The last time he threw one was against Auburn on Sept. 18. The Cowboys have intercepted eight passes this season, which is ranked 40th in the nation.

8 – Sacks by defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah

The Cowboy’s sophomore pass rusher has been a disruptive force on defense. His eight sacks are tied for the most in the Big 12. K-State’s offensive line will have their hands full with him.

22.4 – Average yards gained by K-State on each punt return

The Wildcats’ punt return unit is the second-best in the nation behind Auburn. They have just one touchdown on a punt return, but are often able to get better field possession because of the unit. Oklahoma State averages 8.1 yards per punt return, which is 62nd in the nation.

24 – Sacks by Oklahoma State this season

The Cowboys are the Big 12’s second best team at getting to the quarterback. The team has got to the quarterback 24 times in their eight games. The Wildcats are the worst at rushing the passer in the Big 12. They have just nine sacks this year.

25 – Penalties committed by K-State in 2014

The Wildcats 25 penalties are the fewest of any power conference team. They have been penalized for just 207 yards, which is the fewest of any FBS team. Oklahoma State has been penalized 49 times for 426 yards this season.

28 – Minutes per game the Cowboys controls the ball

Oklahoma State controls the ball for the second fewest minutes per game in the Big 12. K-State averages 33:12 with the ball per game, which is the most in the conference.

41.3 – Average net yardage of each Oklahoma State punt

Flipping the field on punts is an important part of the game, and the Cowboys are the best at it in the conference. K-State averages just 34.0 net yards per punt, worst in the Big 12.

50.5 – Percent of the time the Wildcats convert on third down

K-State has converted on 47 of their 93 third downs this season. The 50.5 percent conversion rate is the seventh best in the nation. Oklahoma State converts on just 36.2 percent of their third downs, 101st in the country.

99.3 – Rushing yards per game allowed by K-State

The Wildcats statistically have the best rushing defense in the Big 12. In fact, they allow the eighth fewest rushing yards per game in the country. Oklahoma State averages 156.3 yards per game which is 71st in the nation.

150.25 – All-purpose yards per game averaged by junior Tyreek Hill

Oklahoma State’s Tyreek Hill is one of the most versatile players in the country. He leads the Big 12 in all-purpose yards and is 14th in the nation in the same category.