By the numbers: K-State vs. TCU

0
324

361.9 – Trevone Boykin’s average yards per game

Boykin has been nothing short of electric for TCU this season. He averages 309 yards through the air and 52.9 yards on the ground. He also has thrown for 22 touchdowns and ran in four scores. His total yardage leads the Big 12, while his throwing touchdowns are second in the conference.

48 – The Horned Frogs’ average points per game

This is a basic stat, but it is one that cannot be overlooked. The Horned Frogs average the second most points per game in the nation, behind Baylor. They average 335.9 yards through the air per game and 550 yards of total offense per game. Both of those are second best in the Big 12.

1 – The amount of yards that TCU has allowed on punt returns

K-State is fourth in the nation in yards per punt return, but will face a stiff challenge against TCU. Only five of the Horned Frogs’ punts have been returned this season, resulting in a net gain of just one yard. This matchup will have a huge implication on the battle for field position.

15 – TCU’s turnover margin

The Horned Frogs specialize in winning the turnover margin in each of their games. It’s not that they never turn the ball over, it’s that they create the most takeaways of any team in the country. They have 26 takeaways so far this season. K-State, on the other hand, has the fewest turnovers in the Big 12 and the seventh fewest in the nation with seven total.

100.9 – Rushing yards per game allowed by K-State

The Wildcats allow the second least amount of rushing yards in the Big 12. They are also ninth best in the nation at stopping the run. They have allowed just five rushing touchdowns this season. TCU’s rushing game is third in the conference with 214.1 yards per game.

18.6 – Points per game allowed by K-State

While TCU’s forte is lighting up the scoreboard, the Wildcats do the best job in the conference of keeping teams out of the end zone; their average is 12th best in the nation. The Wildcats also give up the fewest yards of total offense in the Big 12.

49.5 – Percent of the time K-State converts on third down

The Wildcats are the best in the Big 12 at converting on third down and TCU is the best in the conference at getting off the field on third down, allowing their opponent to convert just 27.9 percent of the time.