By the numbers

0
247

49.8 – Points per game scored by Baylor

The Bears’ 49.8 points per game are the most in the nation. Their explosive offense has only been held under 30 points twice this season. The Wildcats allow the second-fewest points per game in the conference and have allowed more than 30 points just once this season.

108.1 – Rushing yards allowed per game by Baylor

Baylor’s run defense is statistically the best in the conference; they allow only 3.0 yards per carry. K-State’s biggest deficiency is its lack of ability to run the ball. They earn 146.5 yards per game on the ground, which is seventh in the conference.

32 – Sacks by Baylor this season

Led by the very disruptive Shawn Oakman, the Bears’ pass rush has the second most sacks this season in the conference. The Wildcats have allowed 19 sacks this season – the fourth most in the conference.

75.8 – Baylor’s fourth-down conversion percentage

When Baylor is stopped on third down, it doesn’t necessarily mean the drive is over. The Bears have converted on 25 of their 33 fourth-down conversion attempts this season. The conversion rate is the best in the conference. K-State has allowed five fourth-down conversions this season.

240.9 – Baylor’s per-game rushing average

They average the second-most yards on the ground in the conference. K-State’s run defense allows 120.2 rushing yards per contest

341 – Yards allowed by K-State each game

The Wildcats have been stout on defense this season. They allow the second-fewest passing yards and the fourth-fewest rushing yards in the conference. Those combined for the fewest in the conference. Baylor’s offense gains the most yards per game in the Big 12.

19.8 – Yards per punt return by K-State’s Tyler Lockett

The Wildcats normally are able to gain an advantage in field position because of their return game. The team is 15th in the nation in yards per kickoff return and first in the nation in yards per punt return. The senior Tyler Lockett is first in the country in yards per punt return, while junior Morgan Burns is second in the Big 12 in yards per kickoff return.

64.9 – Jake Waters’ completion percentage

While Baylor passes for more yards per game than K-State, the Wildcats are the most efficient team in the conference. Senior Jake Waters’ completion percentage is the second best in the conference, and he is tied for the fewest interceptions. Baylor allows 256.4 yards per game through the air.

40.2 – Penalty yards per game committed by K-State

The Wildcats 48 penalties for 442 yards are both the fewest in the conference. Baylor is the second-most undisciplined team in the conference, with 109 penalties for 974 yards this season.