Three shots before you go into finals week

0
145

As finals approach, stress gets to everyone. At a time like this, it’s good to cut loose one last time before you enter the perils of dead week and finals.

There are a plethora of cocktails and mixed drinks one could best describe as “fall-inspired” when throwing a party, but as college students, what really excites us are shot glasses and some hard liquor. I’ve tried to find the most delicious, crowd drawing shots that will surely get your party going.

What you will need:

• Chocolate flavored syrup
  • Jar of cherries
  • Traditional shaker
  • Spiced rum
  • DeKuyper Buttershots
  • Green or sour apple vodka
  • Crave chocolate cherry liqueur
  • Bailey’s Irish Cream

Preparation

Chill shot glasses before you use them for at least 20 minutes.

There are different ways to make all of these shots. Shakers are not necessarily needed if you can manage to layer the different liquids in the actual shot glass. However, for large crowds and getting drinks out sooner, shakers are usually the best way to go.

The Cherry Bombshell

Pour one ounce of chocolate syrup into the shaker followed by a half ounce of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Shake with ice.

Before adding your mixture to the shot glass, rim the top part with chocolate syrup. the best way to do this was to to take about half a spoonful of chocolate syrup and put it around the rim. Top it off with a sliced cherry on the side of the glass.

The Caramel Apple Shot

Mix one ounce of both the DeKuyper Buttershots and sour apple vodka into the shaker with ice, then pour into a chilled shot glass.

The Butter Ball

Pour one ounce of your second DeKuyper Buttershots, a half ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream and one ounce spiced rum into your ice-filled shaker. Strain and pour into your chilled shot glass.