By the Numbers: Collegian Football Season

0
246
K-State cheerleaders carry the K-State flags across the field after a touchdown during the 2015 Valero Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2, 2014 in San Antonio. (Parker Robb | The Collegian)

Thank you.

Of course, the 2014 football season was a success for K-State, as the Wildcats finished 9-4 and earned a trip to the Valero Alamo Bowl. But it was also a success for us here at the K-State Collegian.

This week alone, our staff on the ground in San Antonio, Texas and back home in Manhattan published 16 articles, 321 photos, and four videos.

We thank you, as always, for reading our articles, viewing our photos and watching our videos. We also thank you for the countless kind words and support. It’s been absolutely worth it every step of the way.

With that in mind, to round out our coverage from the Alamo City, here’s a few intriguing numbers from our football coverage this season. As always, be sure to make the Collegian your daily stop for everything K-State.

5,934 — Total miles the Collegian traveled to and from for football coverage this season

Our coverage started in Dallas and ended in San Antonio. In all, we made four trips to the state of Texas (and numerous In-N-Out Burger runs).

86 — Total hours spent on the road traveling to and from games

Our vehicles were quite literally our home away from home when you step back and take a look at the total hours spent driving. We spent a majority of those hours traveling north or south on I-35. So much time, in fact, that our GPS rarely needs plugged in anymore.

110,600 — Roughly how many words were written about football this season for the Collegian

Thirteen game-weeks spent writing about K-State football, not counting July’s Big 12 Media Day and bye weeks. Sounds like a chore, but it was enjoyable everyday, with every word. The total is probably more, but after 110,600 words…who’s really counting?

19 — Hours the Collegian team at the Alamo Bowl spent in the media workroom

At one point, the only people in the media workroom in San Antonio were us at the Collegian. The view looking out over the River Walk certainly helped, though.