Weekend police briefs

0
245

Attempted robbery reported on campus

A male victim reported an attempted robbery in the D-1 parking lot by West Stadium around 1:45 p.m. Monday. According to K-State Police, the victim was approached by the suspect and demanded his property. The victim was struck by the suspect, who then fled the scene. The victim received only minor injuries during the incident.

The suspect was described as a Hispanic male in his late 20s, 5 feet 8 inches tall, brown hair and wearing khakis and a gray shirt. According to police, the suspect did not use or display a weapon.

Police released a sketch artist’s rendition of the suspect and ask anyone with information about the incident to contact them at 785-532-6412.

Riley County Police Department weekend activity

John Thomas, 48, of Leonardville, was arrested at approximately 8:15 a.m. Friday morning on a warrant originating from Riley County for three counts of sexual exploitation of a child, according to the Riley County Police Department. Thomas was taken into custody earlier in March by the U.S. Marshals Service in Chino Valley, Arizona and is now being held under arrest by RCPD with a bond of $500,000. At the time of the original report, Thomas was still confined in Riley County Jail.

Riley County police officers filed a report for motor vehicle theft at approximately 11:20 p.m. Friday at 530 Richards Drive, according to the Riley County Police Department. The victim and owner of the vehicle, Jacob Brazzel, 20, noticed his unsecured 1996 Buick Century was missing from the parking lot. Total loss for items in the car, such as textbooks and a social security card, is estimated at $1,104. Riley County Police Department is still seeking information about the crime.