Service Inspections

0
525

Baan Thai

1620 Fort Riley Blvd.

Date: June 22, 2015

Reason: Routine

Results: Follow-up

6-301.12 There were no disposable paper towels in the dispenser by the handsink in the kitchen. Corrected on site: the person in charge placed a new roll in the dispenser.

3-101.11 In the dry food storage area in a box there were three mangos that were rotting. Corrected on site: discarded.

3-302.11(A)(1)(a) In the Norlake walk-in cooler, there was a carton of raw hard shell eggs being stored directly on a wooden box of green beans. Corrected on site: the person removed the eggs.

3-501.16(A)(1) At make table No. 1, there was a plastic container of rice at 103.2 degrees. It was cooked and placed at the make table around 12:50-1:00 p.m.

3-501.16(A)(2) In make table No. 2, there was a metal container of raw shrimp at 45.5 degrees and was placed in the unit around 9 a.m. and was tempted around 1:20pm (past 4 hours). Corrected on site: discarded.

In the reach-in cooler (below make table No. 2) there was a large square plastic container of bean sprouts at 54.6 degrees and a small round plastic container of bean sprouts at 60.1 degrees. They were placed in the unit around 10:30 a.m. and tempted around 1:25 p.m. Corrected on site: discarded.

Also in the reach-in cooler there was a small plastic container of raw chicken at 50.1 degrees and was placed in the unit around 10:30 a.m. and tempted around 2 p.m. Corrected on site: placed in the freezer to quickly cool back down.

The ambient temperature of the make table/reach-in cooler was reading 36.5 degrees. In the Norlake walk-in cooler, there were 2 large bags of bean sprouts at 44.6 degrees and 46.1 degrees. They were tied shut and placed in the unit around 8-9 a.m. and were tempted around 1:40 p.m. Corrected on site: discarded.

The ambient temperature of the unit was reading 46.6 degrees. Corrected on site: a repair man came and adjusted the temperature gauge and now the unit is reading 43.7 degrees.

All potentially hazardous food that has been in the unit for more than four hours has been discarded. The ice bath behind the make tables had shredded cabbage at 50.9 degrees. Was placed on the ice bath around 11:00 a.m. and was tempted around 1:50 p.m. Corrected on site: discarded.

3-501.18(A)(2) In the reach-in cooler (below make table No. 1) there was an open bag of cut lettuce without a date. The person in charge said it was opened yesterday morning (past 24 hours). Corrected on site: discarded.

7-102.11 The plastic bucket located near the front counter had clear liquid and was not labeled. The person in charge said it was chlorine. Corrected on site: labeled the bucket.

4-301.11 The walk-in cooler’s ambient temperature was reading 46.6 degrees. The potentially hazardous food that has been in the unit longer than four hours has been discarded. A repair man came and adjusted the temperature gauge and now the unit is reading 43.7 degrees.

4-302.12(A) There is no food temperature measuring device available at the time of inspection.

6-202.15(A)(3) The back exit door has a 1/4 inch gap along the bottom of the door. This could allow the entrance for pests.

4-903.11(A) At the front counter, there was a package of single use napkins being stored directly on the floor. Corrected on site: the person in charge placed them on top of a box.

4-903.11(B) On the utensil rack above the three compartment sink, there were two round metal containers that were stacked wet/clean and not able to properly air dry. Corrected on site: the person in charge moved them to the ware wash area.

4-904.11(B) In the waitress area in a ceramic cup, there were metal spoons facing upward. Corrected on site: inverted.

4-601.11(C) There is grease build up on the sides of the fryer and grease is starting to pool on the hood filters. The person in charge said they clean them once a week.

5-202.12(A) The handsink located in the womens restroom was reading 89.3 degrees.

Cico Park concession stand

Cico Park

Date: June 22, 2015

Reason: Routine

Results: No follow-up

3-101.11 In the Pepsi reach-in cooler, there was a box of opened hot dogs without a known date. Corrected on site: discarded.

McDonald’s

800 North 4th St.

Date: June 22, 2015

Reason: Routine

Results: Follow-up

2-301.14(I) An employee had gloves on and wiped them on his pants and shirt and then continued to wrap a ready to eat breakfast biscuit item. Corrected on site: the employee removed gloves and washed his hands and placed new gloves on.

3-302.11(A)(1)(b) In the clear glass window reach-in cooler, there was a carton of raw hard shell eggs being stored directly on top of ready to eat eggs and above other ready to eat items such as shredded cheese, sliced jalapeno peppers and cut lettuce. Corrected on site: the person in charge removed the eggs.

4-601.11(A) Next to the Beverage-Air reach-in freezer, there was one blue plastic tray with food debris on it and stored as clean. On the utensil rack to the left of the three compartment sink, there were four small rectangle plastic trays with stickers left on them and stored as clean. On the green utensil rack above the three compartment sink, there was one black spatula with grease on the handle and stored as clean. Corrected on site: moved all items to the ware wash area.

6-501.111(A) There are several live flies in the kitchen area, throughout the ware wash area and drive-thru area. (Note: the person in charge is going to call their pest control company for the establishment to be serviced).

3-304.12(B) The metal ice scoop was directly in contact with the ice in the large ice machine. Corrected on site: placed handle facing upward.

4-903.11(A) In the drive-Thru area, there was one box of single use cups being stored directly on the floor. There was also 2 metal racks that had single use cups being stored directly on the floor (not 6 inches off the floor).

4-903.11(B) On the utensil rack to the left of the three compartment sink, there were three small clear plastic trays that were stacked wet/clean and not able to properly air dry.

4-904.11(B) In the drive-Thru area by the ice tea machine, there were two plastic holders with plastic spoons food contact surfaces facing up.

4-202.11(A)(2) On the green utensil rack, there was one black spatula with a porous edge (melted) and not easy to clean. Corrected on site: discarded.

4-501.11(B) The Beverage-Air reach-in freezer lower door top seal is torn.

6-501.12(A) There are several dead flies on the floor in the office area and by the hot water tank.

Ruckert Shaved Ice

2708 Amherst Ave. MU#7277

Date: June 22, 2015

Reason: Licensing

Results: No follow-up

5-205.15(B) There is a minor water leak at the pipe that is attached to the hot water tank.

Wildcat Nutrition

1125 Laramie St.

Date: June 22, 2015

Reason: Routine

Results: No follow-up

6-501.115(A) There was one dog that was at the premises. Corrected on site: took dog home.

Coco Bolos

1227 Bluemont

Date: June 23, 2015

Reason: Routine

Results: Follow-up

5-205.11(B) Employee rinsed off soda nozzles in bar handwashing sink. Corrected on site: educated and nozzles placed in bar dishwasher.

6-301.12 Kitchen handwashing sink did not have supply of paper towels at time of inspection arrival. Corrected on site: paper towels added to sink.

6-301.14 Both bar and kitchen handwashing sinks do not have handwashing signs. Corrected on site: signs added to sinks.

3-101.11 A red bell pepper stored in walk in cooler in produce box had mold growth. Corrected on site: bell pepper disposed of in trash.

A rotten potato was stored in produce box located in outside storage building. Corrected on site: potato disposed of in trash.

Five packages of Mahi fish were thawing in kitchen 3-vat sink without slit cut in package. Corrected on site: slit cut on packages.

4-601.11(A) Seals on kitchen make table had build-up of dried food debris. Food dicer stored clean on table next to mixer had build-up of dried food debris. Mixer on prep table next to mop sink had visible dried food debris on upper section on mixer wand. Corrected on site: all areas cleaned and sanitized or moved to dishwasher for properly cleaning and sanitizing.

4-602.11(E)(4) Soda nozzles at bar had excessive build-up of mold and soil. Corrected on site: nozzles cleaned and sanitized.

3-501.14(A)(2) A white plastic bucket of cooked potatoes stored in walk in cooler had a temperature of 45 degrees. Person in charge said it was placed in walk-in cooler yesterday more than six hours. Person in charge said foods are usually cooled on cookie sheet and then placed in containers. Corrected on site: potatoes were disposed of in trash.

3-501.16(A)(1) Mexican rice stored on steam table had a temperature of 132 degrees. Person in charge said it was placed on table 30 minutes ago. Corrected on site: rice reheated in microwave to 166 degrees.

3-501.18(A)(1) A container of shrimp with a cook date of June 7 and a container of cooked tortillini with a cook dated of June 16 were stored in reach-in cooler next to mop sink. A container of black beans were stored in same reach-in cooler with a prep date of June 15. At time of inspection, the shrimp was 17 days old, tortillini was 8 days old and beans were 9 days old. Corrected on site: all foods disposed of in trash.

The following foods were stored in walk in cooler: artichoke hearts with open date of June 4, shrimp dip with prep date of June 2, in-house BBQ sauce with prep date of June 3, and Thai sauce with a prep date of June 5. At time of inspection, artichoke hearts were 20 days old, shrimp dip was 22 days old, BBQ sauce was 21 days old, and Thai sauce was 19 days old. Corrected on site: all foods disposed of in trash.

3-501.18(A)(2) A metal container of ham was stored in walk-in cooler without prep date. Person in charge said it was placed in walk-in cooler on June 21. Corrected on site: person in charge chose to dispose of ham instead of properly dating.

7-102.11 An unlabeled spray bottle with a blue liquid was stored next to mop sink. Person in charge said it was window cleaner. Corrected on site: bottle properly labeled.

3-501.13(B) Five packages of Mahi fish were being thawed in container of water in 3-vat sink without water constantly running. Corrected on site: fish removed from sink.

3-302.12 A plastic container of yellow liquid was stored in bottom of kitchen make table. Person in charge said it was orange juice. Corrected on site: bottle properly labeled.

6-202.13(B)(2) Sticky fly traps with excessive dead flies are located in doorway between dishwashing room and kitchen area.

6-501.111(A) 10 flies were observed around mop sink of facility and 10 throughout establishment.

3-305.11(A)(1) A plastic container of chips were stored directly on floor in outside storage room.

4-202.11(A)(2) A spatula stored clean at dishwasher had excessive cuts and pieces missing in it. Corrected on site: spatula disposed of in trash.

Another spatula at dishwasher had a few pits in it. Corrected on site: person in charge removed from inventory to shave surfaces.

4-601.11(C) Table used to store dicer and cutting boards in dishwashing room has build-up of soil and debris.

5-402.11 Mahi fish in vacuum-packed packages were thawing in container sitting directly in 3-vat sink with a direct connection. Corrected on site: fish removed from sink.

6-501.11 Ceiling tile is missing over fire extinguishers in dishwashing room.

6-501.12(A) Mop sink is used for to store rugs and cleaning materials. Floors and walls under make tables, fryers, and dishwasher have excessive build-up of soil and dried food debris. There is build-up of stagnant water in front of mop sink. There is build-up of dust on light fixtures and vents in kitchen area. The hoods above fryers have build-up of grease.

6-202.11(A) Light bulbs above dishwasher and 3-vat sink are not shielded or covered. Corrected on site: lights removed.

Papa John’s

2615 Anderson Ave.

Date: June 23, 2015

Reason: Licensing

Results: No follow-up

6-202.15(A)(1) There is a 3 inch hole in the floor that you can see the ground and wires run through it. Corrected on site: the person in charge fixed it with a rubber seal.

4-601.11(C) There is dust build up on the exhaust fan above the oven.

5-203.14 The fresh water hose was directly connected to the mobile unit without a backflow preventive device. Corrected on site: the person in charge connected a hose bib vacuum breaker.

5-205.15(B) There is a small leak at the base of the faucet on the right side of the three compartment sink. There is a small leak from a pipe below the handsink. There is a small leak on the waste water tank connection below the mobile unit.

6-501.11 The light fixture near the door is detachted from the ceiling on one side.

Hibachi Hut

429 Poyntz Ave.

Date: June 24, 2015

Reason: Routine

Results: Follow-up

6-301.14 The men and women’s restroom do not have a handwashing sign.

3-101.11 In the grill line drawer, there were four vacuum sealed salmon filets thawing since June 22 (more than 24 hours). Corrected on site: discarded.

4-601.11(A) On the magnetic strip above the metal prep table, there were two knives with dried food debris on the blades and stored as clean. The large can opener connected to a table had dried food debris on the blade and was not used today. On the utensil rack there was one 4 ounce plastic food grade container with food debris on the inside and stored as clean. There was one metal square container with food debris on the inside and stored as clean. There was also one 5.5 quart plastic container with food debris on the inside and stored as clean. Corrected on site: moved all items to the ware wash area.

3-501.16(A)(2) In make table No. 2, there was a metal container of sliced tomatoes at 47.3 degrees. There was also shredded lettuce at 49 degrees, cooked onions at 56.5 degrees and swiss cheese slices at 55.7 degrees. The items were placed in the unit around 11:00 a.m. and tempted at 1:30 p.m. The ambient temperature of the make table is reading 50 degrees. In the reach-in cooler, there was a metal container of reuben meat at 55.2 degrees, pre-cooked chicken at 54.6 degrees and raw shrimp at 57.2 degrees. They have been in the reach-in cooler for longer than four hours. Corrected on site: discarded.

The ambient temperature of the reach-in cooler was reading 45.5 degrees. The person in charge adjusted the temperature gauge and the temperature readings are the same. (Note: all potentially hazardous food was discarded from the unit). On a metal table in front of the small reach-in freezer there was a plastic tub with raw chicken at 71.0 degrees. It was supposed to be an ice bath but there was no ice in the tub. The items were placed in there around 11:00 a.m. and tempted at 1:35 p.m. Corrected on site: moved to the walk in cooler.

In make table No. 3, there was a plastic container of raw shrimp at 45.3 degrees. The cooler had been opened and shut for lunch rush (11 a.m.-1 p.m.). The ambient temperature of the unit is reading 36.3 degrees.

3-501.18(A)(1) In the reach-in cooler there was an open bag of special cut salad without a date. One of the employees said it was opened on June 15 (past 7 days). Corrected on site: discarded.

3-501.18(A)(3) In the reach-in cooler, there was a plastic container of spiral noodles with a date sticker of June 14. The person in charge said it was an old sticker and the noodles were made on June 22. Corrected on site: item was date marked correctly.

7-201.11(B) There was a working spray bottle of degreaser being stored directly on top of the mechanical dish machine with clean dishes in the unit. Corrected on site: person in charge removed the chemical.

4-301.11 Make table/reach-in cooler No. 2 (across from the fryers) ambient temperature is reading 50 degrees in the make table portion and 45.5 degrees in the reach-in cooler portion.

4-903.11(B) On the utensil rack, there were 4 metal containers stacked wet/clean and there was also one metal and one plastic container stacked wet/clean and not able to properly air dry. Corrected on site: moved to the ware wash area.

4-202.11(A)(2) In a plastic tub there was one red square plastic lid that was metled on the edge. Corrected on site: discarded.

4-501.11(B) On the reach-in cooler, the left door gasket is torn. On the reach-in cooler (below MT#2) both door gaskets are torn. They don’t provide good seals. Person in charge stated the gaskets are on order.

4-302.14 There is no Quaternary Ammonia or chlorine test strips available.

4-601.11(C) There is dust build up on the fan blowers inside of the walk-in cooler.

6-501.12(A) There is dust build up on the ceiling and vents throughout the kitchen.