#Hashtag: SoBe Apologies for joke

0
211

While enjoying a SoBe product, drinkers can find a hidden message inside the lid of their drink. The little messages ranged from funny jokes to some not-so-funny jokes.

The message ‘Help Me Trapped In SoBe Factory’ can be found some products. The message sparked panic and concern for SoBe’s workers. Complaints were posted on SoBe’s Facebook page and Twitter account.

Unawared that the message was a joke, some SoBe drinkers voiced their concerns for the trapped employee on Twitter.

SoBe tweeted an apology to fans concerned for their worker’s safety.

With only 140 characters to issue an apology, SoBe turned to Facebook for a longer apology to fans.

“Hi there, we’re sorry that our cap slogan caused you concern, that was certainly not our intention,” SoBe’s apology read. “These sayings are intended to give our consumers a little smile or pause for thought, not offense, while they enjoy their favorite SoBe beverage. We are planning on removing this cap slogan from our current rotation, however, it will take a while for existing stock to run through the market.”

Some tweeters thought the joke was funny and took to Twitter to share their thoughts.

Jamie Teixeira
My name is Jamie Teixeira and I am a senior English and journalism with a minor in Leadership. I am the president of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society, a tutor at the K-State Writing Center,and a member of the K-State Tap Dance Ensemble. My future plans are to become an editor or publisher of children's literature. Outside of school I love to read and cuddle with my kitten, Bert.