K-State Fan Appreciation Day held soon

0
2586
A young Wildcat fan displays his love of the K-State family in the second half of the annual Spring game, played this year at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kansas on April 25, 2015. (File Photo by Parker Robb | The Collegian)

K-State’s annual Fan Appreciation Day scheduled for August 15

K-State fans young and old will once again get their chance to get up close and personal with K-State players at the annual Academy Sports + Outdoors Fan Appreciation Day.

Seating will be available in sections 1-9 for fans to watch the final hour of practice before head coach Bill Snyder and the 2015 team captains address the fans.

Finally, a one hour autograph session will be open. K-State is requesting that the items to be autographed to be limited to one per person and is encouraging Wildcat fans to bring their own items to be autographed.

The festivities kick off at 5 p.m.

Brand and Zumach named to coaches preseason All-Big 12 list

Earlier this afternoon, senior setter Katie Brand and sophomore outside hitter Kylee Zumach were named to the preseason All-Big 12 list by the Big 12 coaches.

This is Brand’s second preseason honor of her career while this was Zumach’s first. Zumach was also one of five unanimous picks in the conference.

This is the first time since 2012 when setter Caitlyn Donahue, middle blocker Kaitlynn Pelger and outside hitter Lilla Porubek were named to the list that K-State sported multiple players on the preseason list.

K-State volleyball players report August 9th and start practice on the 10th. The Wildcats kick off the season on August 28th against Florida A&M in the Hurricane Invitational in Coral Gables, Florida.

Tim Everson was born in Wichita, KS in 1994. Before fifth grade he moved up to Manhattan for one year before settling in Riley, KS where he graduated from Riley County High School in 2012. Tim has worked for the Collegian since spring of 2014 and took over as Sports Editor during the summer of 2015. Tim loves sports, music, movies and good food when he can get it.