CES hosting back to school barbecue and opportunties fair

0
579

As Week of Welcome continues, K-State’s Career and Employment Services will be hosting an annual back to school Backyard BBQ and the Part-Time Opportunities Fair.

The barbecue will take place Wednesday, Aug. 26 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the south lawn of Holtz Hall. Hot dogs, chips and drinks will provided as supplies lasts, and free T-shirts will be given to students who activate or update CES accounts.

In addition to food and free shirts, students have the opportunity to take advantage of getting to meet the CES advisers available to help students throughout the year and learn about the different services offered. The event is sponsored by ConocoPhillips.

The Part-Time Opportunities Fair will take place on Thursday, Aug. 27 in the K-State Union Ballroom from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fair will include more than 40 employers from both on-campus and off-campus jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities.

Students are encouraged to bring resumes and come in business casual attire. Hospitality will be provided by the K-State Book Network. Verizon, Big Lakes Development Center Inc., K-State Housing and Dining, B*great Software, McAlister’s Deli, Flint Hills Volunteer Center, Interim Healthcare and the Kansas Air National Guard are sponsoring this event.

Jamie Teixeira
My name is Jamie Teixeira and I am a senior English and journalism with a minor in Leadership. I am the president of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society, a tutor at the K-State Writing Center,and a member of the K-State Tap Dance Ensemble. My future plans are to become an editor or publisher of children's literature. Outside of school I love to read and cuddle with my kitten, Bert.