#Hashtag: Kentucky Clerk Jailed

0
531

Kim Davis, the now infamous Kentucky clerk who, despite the ruling of the Supreme Court, refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses due to her personal religious beliefs, is now being jailed for contempt of court.

People like Kim Davis, people who oppose same-sex marriage will sometimes say gems like these to try and sound reasonable: “Well, I don’t mind what you do in your homes, do whatever you want, just don’t do it out in public. How on Earth will I explain people who aren’t exactly like me to the children?”

Well then, do I mind if I take a second to profess my beliefs too, m’am? I don’t mind what you do in your home, but out here in public, why don’t you do your damn job like a professional, and not practice your miserable intolerance out here where the children can see? How exactly am I supposed to explain that to them?

Order has been restored to the clerk’s office after her removal, despite her best efforts.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again here because its important to remember in times like these: beliefs can be wrong.

Hi, I’m Jonathan. I graduate this December, majoring in Anthropology, with minors in Creative Writing and Political Science. After that … we’ll see. Maybe graduate school in environmental anthropology. Maybe I’ll finally pursue my old childhood dream of becoming an infomercial host. It’s up in the air. Some of my interests and hobbies include devout sports fanaticism, religious study, and composing country songs that serve to explain the unearthly amount of disdain I have for country music. My band’s called Catfish Hurricane, you should check us out. Well, actually, you shouldn’t. I love writing, which is how I accidentally stumbled into this job. This stumbling into good things is my plan for life in general.