#Hashtag: Pope changes annulment requirements

0
205

After announcing that it would be easier for women who have had abortions to receive absolution, a week later he now has announced changes to the annulment process in the Catholic Church. And an annulment, according to foryourmarriage.org’s fact sheet, is for a marriage if it falls short of one of the essential elements for a binding Catholic union. It is often sought by divorced couples, as the Church requires a divorced Catholic to obtain a declaration of nullity before re-marrying in the Church. According to the website, it can take 12 to 18 months, if not longer.

Pope Francis is changing that.

Here are just some of the reactions to this new development:

Hi, I’m Jonathan. I graduate this December, majoring in Anthropology, with minors in Creative Writing and Political Science. After that … we’ll see. Maybe graduate school in environmental anthropology. Maybe I’ll finally pursue my old childhood dream of becoming an infomercial host. It’s up in the air. Some of my interests and hobbies include devout sports fanaticism, religious study, and composing country songs that serve to explain the unearthly amount of disdain I have for country music. My band’s called Catfish Hurricane, you should check us out. Well, actually, you shouldn’t. I love writing, which is how I accidentally stumbled into this job. This stumbling into good things is my plan for life in general.