#Hashtag: Nickelodeon to start running back ’90s cartoons

0
155

Heads up ’90s kids: the nostalgia train is coming.

Nickelodeon has just announced that it is launching a new programming block on their TV channel called “The Splat,” which will run back-to-back old 1990s cartoons from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

As weird as it is to admit it, this news might be embarrassingly relevant to our college campus, as a lot of us here might be at that sweet spot age where we remember these old shows quite fondly.

According to a Sept. 13 article from Zimbio, shows like “Rugrats,” “Hey Arnold!,” “Rocket Power,” “CatDog,” and “The Wild Thornberries,” are to be included.

It sure seems they can. Needless to mention, people seem to be excited:

Hi, I’m Jonathan. I graduate this December, majoring in Anthropology, with minors in Creative Writing and Political Science. After that … we’ll see. Maybe graduate school in environmental anthropology. Maybe I’ll finally pursue my old childhood dream of becoming an infomercial host. It’s up in the air. Some of my interests and hobbies include devout sports fanaticism, religious study, and composing country songs that serve to explain the unearthly amount of disdain I have for country music. My band’s called Catfish Hurricane, you should check us out. Well, actually, you shouldn’t. I love writing, which is how I accidentally stumbled into this job. This stumbling into good things is my plan for life in general.