Union evacuated twice after fire alarms sounded

0
214

According to multiple sources including students, faculty, media and the K-State Student Union twitter, fire alarms went off for the second time Thursday morning.

According to the Manhattan Fire Department, the Union evacuated at 10:30 a.m. and is the only report of an evacuation and the only time they have come to the Union this week for a fire alarm report.

Audrey Taggart-Kagdis, assistant director and marketing and community relations of the Union, said that although they cannot pinpoint how many students or people were in the Union Thursday morning, more than 8,000 people enter the Union on Thursdays.

“We usually have an average of 8,500 people in and out a day,” Taggart-Kagdis said.

Fire alarms went off twice this morning. The Union Twitter handle kept students updated.

Although not clear, the tweet referred the alarms going off around 10 a.m. this morning.

Shortly after giving the first all clear, the alarms rang again causing another evacuation of the Union roughly 15 minutes later.

Jamie Teixeira
My name is Jamie Teixeira and I am a senior English and journalism with a minor in Leadership. I am the president of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society, a tutor at the K-State Writing Center,and a member of the K-State Tap Dance Ensemble. My future plans are to become an editor or publisher of children's literature. Outside of school I love to read and cuddle with my kitten, Bert.